Author Topic: Why guests don't post  (Read 4169 times)

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
Why guests don't post
« on: March 22, 2016, 12:22:29 PM »
OK, I know the obvious answer is that it is because they are guests.
But it is so simple to register, and we all would like to hear from a greater population of interested readers.
So why not take the minute or two to register, and let us know what you are thinking?
You don't even have to actually own a Microcar yet to be allowed to post.

Simply put, most of us micro car owners were enthusiasts BEFORE we were owners, or we would have never have bothered to obtain a micro car in the first place.
A beneficial side effect of taking the moment to register is that it will represent possibly the first significant action that you will take on a path to eventually owning a micro car that you would very much enjoy having.
And we know that you would enjoy this addition to your life, or you wouldn't be bothering to read the posts on this forum.
Your dream of owning a micro car is likely less difficult to attain than you've been thinking.
I presently see that there are 33 guests on line.
I challenge you all to come out of your closets and join in on the fun. :D

You could start by introducing your self and your interests on this post, or equally easily start a new post with questions or contributions of your own.
In either event you are all most WELCOME. ;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 12:35:45 PM by steven mandell »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Why guests don't post
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 01:44:51 PM »
Hi Steven . Until yesterday my iphone had been an awkward little B ! For the last 18 months  or so every time I have visited this forum , and another vintage micro site 😏, I have not been automatically logged in , for some reason this has altered and gone back to what it used to be - auto log in . For the last 18 months or so I have always been seen as a Guest rather than a member , this has stopped me posting as it was an extra chore . To sum up I suspect a large number of what we think of as guests are in fact members who are on work computers phones etc. And therefore not signed in . Thats my theory anyway
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 02:19:19 PM »
There are also HUNDREDS of IP addresses and/or email addresses that are BANNED from Registering to use the Forum because they are just Spam-Bots.  This Ban-List has taken years to compile.
These computers will "check in" regularly and attempt to register.
They will appear only as "Guest" with no ability to post, but they can read if they want.
There are also Search Engines (not just Google) that crawl the web logging things, these automated tasks may also appear as "Guest".
So don't assume that all "GUEST" logs are humans.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 02:29:36 PM »
More Guessed, than Guest, in fact. Shows the anti spam measures are working, even if at the expense of some private coms. That is a problem if its a company issue, as you cannot change your system. No idea on how this all works. Would going through another program system help? In as Outlook does not work, but Yahoo might?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 03:30:54 PM »
is there a guest posting thread ?

didn't think so !

its a members only forum.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 03:44:02 PM »
OK, I know the obvious answer is that it is because they are guests.
But it is so simple to register.
So why not take the minute or two to register.

You could start by introducing your self and your interests on this post, or equally easily start a new post with questions or contributions of your own.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 04:44:48 PM »
I am a enthusiast in Guests. Arrghooooh  -  electrically powered slap in the face.  ;D
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 07:20:35 PM »
As I say for some strange reason the iphone decided recently that i no longer have to keep signing in here , or with Bob, just to make a brief remark so you may start getting my drivel again . I bet its been great without me 😏
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 10:07:03 AM »
Welcome back Richard!
Good to hear that you've out smarted your smart phone, and that I am off the hook for causing your recent sabbatical from this Forum.

For after first reading you post entered approx. 3 minutes later under "Bond hoods", I was beginning to believe that it was my somewhat sensitive, but never the less didactic application of logical reductionism to cut through the veils of distortion induced by misperception and intrigue that caused this.

Oops!  I've done it again. ;D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 12:06:39 PM »
Maybe the company Smart phone got smarter. Anyway if your still away from home on evenings it increases your diversions available.

I rather enjoyed the 'where is Dickie' on another place, even if I was wildly incorrect, most of the time, not really knowing the country north of Birmingham. It provided good initial search topics for an evening's ramble on the net, ending in some odd places.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 09:02:22 AM »
Judging by the lack of posts from New members since I issued this invitation it appears that Jim and Richard are likely correct.
Unfortunately that means that I wasted my time preaching to a choir infiltrated with robots. :-[

Or perhaps after considering the apparent non sequitur of Richard's inability to automatically log on to this site for the last 18 months, being quoted as the cause of his only fractionally long disappearance, until the near moment that I issued this invitation -  we may have it to thank or blame for his resurrection . ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:18:59 AM by steven mandell »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 10:18:35 AM »
Is Richard a robot, then. No, he's ALIVE. ALIVE  ;D