Author Topic: Newbie introduction Hi All  (Read 4271 times)

charly2

• Just Starting
Newbie introduction Hi All
« on: April 04, 2016, 05:37:14 PM »
Hi My name is John White and I hail from Rochester in Kent England and I thought I would introduce myself and my new toy. I believe it to be a Charly 3 125 automatic from Italy. I bought her from a widow in Ramsgate who's husband recently passed away. I thought once restored would fit in with my KR200 and selection of auto cycles. The thing is I need to register the little car because the number plate on it is nothing at all to do with the car! I wondered if any of you could help me as I cant find any sign of a vin plate, does anyone know where the chassis number and engine number are on these little cars. I have had a look online and dont seem to be able to find out much info on them, Any help would be appreciated to try to identify her, I now know I should have checked how to upload photos before writing this    Doh will post pics tomorrow
Many thanks
John

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: Newbie introduction Hi All
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 06:30:36 PM »
Welcome to the Forum John with your new toy.  First may I suggest you put your car on our Register (See details on our website under the first heading 'About the Register') then not only will you have access to the knowledgeable Forum members, you could be put in touch with any other owners that we know of with similar cars.  Jean
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 06:48:42 PM by Jean »
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 06:57:18 PM »
If you search on this Forum under
 All Cars Charley/Snuggy you may find some information of use to you. Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 01:11:24 AM »
Welcome to the forum John, look forward to seeing the pictures.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 11:38:12 PM »
Also looking forward to pictures, welcome

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 11:30:43 AM »
I have a couple of these, but have had no need to find a VIN # , as I have not attempted to register them in the States.
Being Sans Permis cars means that they are not registerable, nor need to be registered to be driven in France.
Therefore, a VIN # is somewhat superfluous / not required to be provided by the manufacturer or persons intending to drive one in France.
So there is the possibility that it has none.
But seeing that yours is 75 cc over the Sans Permis (presuming it not to be a diesel) limit, it seems more likely that it should have a VIN.
Nevertheless, I will have a look about mine in the near future.
Have you checked for a placard riveted to the flooring under the seat, and near the battery box yet?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 07:22:15 AM by steven mandell »

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 07:30:27 AM »
Surprise, surprise, as it turns out mine does have a VIN #, and it is alongside the integrally cast fiberglass battery box under the seat.
Incidentally the floor of this box drops down to a level lower than any other part of the car and is approximately  mid wheel base, so is especially prone to becoming high centered when encountering conditions of lower ground clearance.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 07:41:40 AM by steven mandell »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 10:44:08 AM »
So doubling as a sump guard. Cunning Microcar technology coming in there, on the side.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

scorpius

• Occasional
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 07:13:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum from another newbie