Author Topic: new owner of a couple of ligier js6 electric cars  (Read 2629 times)

Mike ligier js6

• Just Starting
  • greener than a prius faster than walking
new owner of a couple of ligier js6 electric cars
« on: April 06, 2016, 07:56:45 PM »
i bought a couple of these cars a couple of months back and now have finally got round to making a start one is fully stripped and awaiting the all clear on the motor and the other one is being sent to a company to be roadworthy again are there any other ligier owners on here

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: new owner of a couple of ligier js6 electric cars
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 09:16:06 PM »
Sorry not me but I look forward to following the progress if you would be so good
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 10:45:16 AM »
Hi Mike,
Both Barry and myself have gas powered JS 4's.
I haven't yet gotten around to sorting mine yet, as I received 8 Sans Permis cars at one time just a few months ago, and have spent most of my time working on an extension to my barn to more comfortably accomodate the lot.
I've heard that these are some of the best engineered, and obviously handsomely modern styled of their class.
Ironically, although created by a factory that effectively ran a very competitive F1 team, these are some of the slowest of even the Sans Permis category.  Evidently their attractive greenhouse's liberal use of safety glass, and other properly engineered pieces extract a weight penalty disproportionate to their class mandated 50 cc engine displacement ceiling.

I've been driving a Honda Insight hybrid as my main means of transportation for fifteen years now, and have a few classic  electric micros, but was only interested in buying one like you got if I could convert it to a later 21 h.p. two cylinder 500 cc Ligier powerplant, as I know that if left electric, I would not stay focused on keeping the batteries charged due to my many other distracting projects.
Hopefully that is not your situation, and you can make a proper go of restoring yours to regular electric charging and use.

Barry's is particularly attractive pin striped light blue and extremely low mileage, whilst mine could use a set of plastic outer fender liners.  Haven't found out if they are available anywhere yet.  Please let me know if you turn up anything useful in this regard, or if Barry or I can provide you with any reference info relating to stock JS 4 configuration.

Welcome aboard.
Steve

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 01:35:03 PM »
are there any other ligier owners on here

Welcome to the Forum.  If you would care to put your Ligiers on the Register of Unusual Microcars (see 'About the Register' on our Website for information) we can arrange for you to be put in touch with any other owners who have joined our Register. I think there are at least nine others known to us but not all of them watch the Forum.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars