Author Topic: Rumcar News 129  (Read 4228 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Rumcar News 129
« on: April 09, 2016, 09:12:14 PM »
Dear All

I know I am a little early reminding you all about the next issue of Rumcar News, but there is method in my madness.

The editorial deadline for articles, images and anything else for inclusion in the next issue of Rumcar News is 15 May 2016. That is exactly 5 weeks and 2 days away. Send it to chris@rumcars.org

The earlier you can get it to me the better, as there is a lot going on at the moment. Remember, if it is advertising an event, that the post out date is 15 June, so any event prior to that date will have already been and gone by the time the magazine hits the mat.

If you feel shy about writing the article, just let me have it and I will work my editorial magic on it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: Rumcar News 129
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 05:03:36 PM »
Dear RumCar News readers

Issue 129 is ready to go to print and now is the time to get your subscription in if you have not done so already, by following this web link   http://www.rumcars.org/s-sub-pp.html  Or if you are in the UK, sending in a cheque made payable to The Register of Unusual Microcars, for £18, along with all your details. Hundreds of you have done so already.

The second issue of the year contains articles about the Opperman Unicar rebuild, the Small Wonders Museum, Slipping Through Europe, Vincent Prototype, J B Minor, Fairthorpe Atom, FriskySport, Bamby, and the Lawil Log.

It should be through the letter boxes in 2 weeks time. But I need to know now if you want a copy, as I need to tell the printer where to send the copies.

Keep in touch
Chris Thomas
chris@rumcars.org

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 11:11:57 AM »
Dear Rumcar News Readers

Issue 129 was posted out on Saturday morning 11 June 2016 and your copies could arrive at any time this week.

The digital issues will be sent out today. Monday 13 June 2016.

Starting from the back we have articles on the lawil Log, Bambi, Frisky, Fairthorpe Atom, J B Minor, Vincent, Small Wonders Museum, Opperman Unicar, and AC Petite,

As always I hope you find something to interest you in this edition, and perhaps it will spur you to put pen to paper.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 03:57:53 PM »
Received mine this morning with Mark on the front cover and his Frisky. Looks mighty fine.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 04:53:54 PM »
Dear Malcolm

That was quick!

Chris Thomas

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 07:00:54 PM »
I received mine too. Another great issue.  Many thanks to our roving reporter and hard working Editor Chris Thomas.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 07:12:20 PM »
An exceptionally good issue I think , thank you Chris . Glad you enjoyed your trip to America as there at least a couple of places in Britain that you won't be welcome . Scotish micro car club and Berkenhead 😀
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 08:07:31 PM »
Dear Richard

Thank you for your constructive comments regarding the latest issue of Rumcar News.

I am always interested in receiving invitations to events, and collections, wherever they are, so that I can report on them for all our readers. I do also like to travel. As they say "travel broadens the mind". Unfortunately it can also can broaden the hips.

Grant and the Scottish Microcar Club do a great job in promoting Microcars in their chosen area, and I look forward to hearing from them.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 08:39:49 PM »
I'm not sure you understood Richard's humour, there, Chris (it's not always easy ...).

I think he was referring to the mispelling of place names - and joking how that might affect your welcome there!

At least it shows how carefully he read the new mag!

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 09:24:34 PM »
Thanks Malcolm, I had no idea that our Frisky would be on the cover! Now to sit by the postal box to wait for my copy to arrive.
1958 FriskySport

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 09:34:31 PM »
It's a really lovely photo, and car , Mark
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 09:39:20 PM »
Thank you Richard. Still sitting by the postal box ;D ;
1958 FriskySport

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 10:37:32 PM »
Dear Richard and Dave

Thank you for pointing out my typographic errors. Just so long as they are the only ones.

It did mystify me why you had chosen Berkenhead and Scotland  for special mention.

100 Lines for Thomas Minor

"The Berks in Birkenhead drive Berkeleys, while the Scholars in Scotland drive Scootacars".

I must try harder.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News
Edytor

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 04:32:12 AM »
I am happy to say that my copy arrived today and it is another great issue. Thank You Chris for putting our Frisky on the cover as I had no idea you were going to do so until Malcolm's post. My parents are very greatful for the article and pictures. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us whilst you visited this part of the USA and you are always welcome anytime. 
I would also like to Thank the Frisky Family for all the help in getting our car back in running condition as this could have not done without their help.

1958 FriskySport

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 12:50:11 PM »
Dear Mark

Thank you for your comments, and thank you for looking after me while I was with you.

I am glad your parents enjoyed the article. Now you have been on the front cover, there will be no hiding place.

Hopefully we will meet up again some day.

Until then look after that Frisky.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News