Author Topic: WANTED!!!AC invacar front round badge.  (Read 12121 times)

antbmwant

• Just Starting
WANTED!!!AC invacar front round badge.
« on: May 08, 2016, 07:56:32 PM »
Hi im looking for the front round chrome AC invacar badge.I has a threaded bolt brazed onto the rear.thanks

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: WANTED!!!AC invacar front round badge.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 08:23:52 PM »
Dear Antbtwat

What a senseless poll!
what does 1 and 2 signify, the number of badges you have, or yes and no, and which way around is it 1 for yes or 1 for no

I am very confused

Chris Thomas

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 08:44:30 PM »
Good to have you on the Forum Antbtwat.  I hope we can find that AC badge for you.

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 08:49:41 PM »
Dear Antbtwat

What a senseless poll!
what does 1 and 2 signify, the number of badges you have, or yes and no, and which way around is it 1 for yes or 1 for no

I am very confused

Chris Thomas

Mmmm ... so much for us all getting along politely on this forum.

Forums put their buttons under different names and in different places, Chris.  Perhaps the new poster pressed the wrong button?  You needn't be confused, you need only ask whether you have such a badge, and can help.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 09:01:43 PM »
Maybe thats an IN-VALID  poll 😀
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 09:21:30 PM »
Yes, I have an AC badge from an Invalid Carriage. Fortunately they are all the same, which makes life easier.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

antbmwant

• Just Starting
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 09:14:42 AM »
Good to have you on the Forum Antbtwat.  I hope we can find that AC badge for you.
Quote from: Barry i think mr thomad is a irate,you always get one on forums.but i forgive you my darling!littllink=topic=5249.msg43928#msg43928 date=1462736670

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 10:04:27 AM »
Chris Thomas you darling !! 😃😃😃
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 10:47:43 AM »
Two threads with the same intent differentiated only by number of exclamation marks.
The term "poll" being referred to inexplicably out of context / without any attempted explanation as to what it is referring to.
Same to be said about references to numbers one and two from the editor of our publication, who would be the last on my list of suspects to be guilty of ambiguity, or to be posting in an apparently angry or denigratory note to a newcomer that should be shown welcome by default.

Grievous misspelling of new comer's chosen appellation, shared by both known friendly, and inexplicably less polite responders.

Can one of you Brits please explain your mysterious ways, or at least let me in on the joke?
Did I miss another Monty Python revival, or is this supposed  to taken at face value.
This is really too far done to go any further without clarification. ???
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:50:27 AM by steven mandell »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 11:39:38 AM »
I haven't got a clue what is going on either Steve. So your not alone. The original question seemed simple enough to me.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2016, 02:23:09 PM »
Dear ANTBMWANT

I must apologise for my outbust. and misspelling your name. I failed to realise that you were a new member of the forum and had probably activated the Poll function by mistake.

As a principle we much prefer people to be called by their real names rather than some acronym, as there is no need for annonimity. You will see that those of us with nothing to hide do in fact use our full names, and we would encourage you to do likewise. It saves a lot of misunderstandings.

If in future you have made an error on a posting, it is possible to delete what you have posted. If however you can not find the button to do that, put on another posting asking the administrator to delete X or Y, and they will do it for you.

I hope that this apology is accepted.

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 02:28:13 PM »
Just Chris's misunderstanding and oddly I never noticed the odd pseudonym , glad hes found his badge so easily , nice one

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 05:37:27 PM »
Back to barometers, eh Bob. Oh no, that is Humidity. I mustn't dampen humour further.  :-X

antbmwant

• Just Starting
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 09:01:50 AM »
Im not sure what to say really.im still trying to get my head around this forum and how to post things.im on other forums and they seem a little simpler to use.in response to my user name being mispelt i never noticed to be honest.i was guided to this forum by a seller of invacar parts and i simply just want to purchase a front badge.on any forum there is always one who criticises others and this forum is no different.but as before foregiveness is the way forward and as my 3 year old would say"shut up poo poo face"!i think her mum taught her that.antony

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 09:24:41 AM »
Ant - have you got in touch with 'Big Al' (by private message) to see how you might get one from him?