Author Topic: Another Tiger for sale  (Read 3919 times)

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Another Tiger for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 09:27:32 AM »
Discussing this the other day. The market has a none selling Tiger polluting it already, well over a year on sale, one interested person, who bought it to flip. This new opportunity is bravely priced at some £115k. How many micronauts have three figures numbers to put into a car? Our reading is the lack of known interest in the existing car might undermine this one. Outside looking in, why no sales, if they are so in demand. We reckon the price has dropped, as most folk with the money have now got one. Try £80k, but reality is if you need to sell, £60k is going to find you a buyer in the UK. If you paid £95k odd, that's ouch!
What goes up, can come down.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 04:38:16 PM »
And it certainly has since the less than perfect example sold at Bruce's auction for more than 160,000 gbp 4 years ago.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 04:09:41 PM »
If I had some money....!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 07:55:13 AM »
I learned at Clubnight that the Tiger accused of sticking has sold. Then I had a message direct from Perry yesterday suggesting that it sold for a margin over the price paid. He was pleased to be able to prove me wrong. I am pleased that he was able to prove my values wrong, though I claim some measure of crystal ball gazing, as it did have to leave the country of its original sale to find the new owner, as I suggested. That will ruffle a few feathers. Why am I pleased? I am in the market myself, although I own projects, so evidence of buoyant prices is always gratifying. I never minded being wrong if the case is proven, here it has been. A gentle prod by message is due recompense.
As Perry put it, he who laughs last, laughs longest. I wonder what he will buy next, but I think it might not be a microcar, unless he fancies that Tourette with his profit. That would really annoy a few folk.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 11:52:59 AM »
Further reports.

While I do not know the price the Tiger was supplied to the son of a previous Tiger owner in Germany. The final buyer. The Trader who brokered that deal obtained the car for an E Type Jaguar, presumably in a very good condition knowing the standards that Perry prefers, and an unspecified amount of money. This was not what I was led to believe initially, and I therefore remain unconvinced over the alleged price rises in Tigers in general, for there is no clear evidence to support it here. Who knows what the E Type owed the Trader, or what its sale value is, until tested on the open market. Though I wish all parties every success with their vehicles, and possible future uplift, if that is important over ownership.