Author Topic: HAMMOND COLLECTION OPEN DAY 2016  (Read 11221 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
HAMMOND COLLECTION OPEN DAY 2016
« on: June 11, 2016, 12:44:44 PM »
Are you ready for our two day event this year? We would love to see as many of you as possible. I here is our latest update on what we are planning. Jean
THE HAMMOND COLLECTION OPEN DAY
School House Farm,Staplehurst, Kent. TN12 0EB
Saturday and Sunday 30th/31st. July
We are planning to make this year's event a two day affair. A run out on Saturday with the Morgan Museum at Rolvenden being the main objective, but with other stops possible. In the evening we hope to have a BBQ or Hog Roast accompanied by live 60' music,provided by Bob and his Bubblers, with a quiz and hopefully a film show. On the Sunday there will be the usual static display of visitor's cars, microcars and some other invited interesting classic or vintage vehicles, driving tests, refreshments, raffle and of course the museum will be open for most of the time.
We are hoping to encourage some of our Continental friends to join us as well as those of you living further afield in the United Kingdom. So please join us, with or without a microcar, for a fun weekend bringing the sunshine with you.
Lesley has reserved our official Camping and Caravan site for our microcar visitors but if you would like to use these facilities please BOOK NOW on 01580 893850 as we are fast running out of space. Anyone would be welcome to book for days either side of the weekend if you wish. Two nights free camping for 1 pitch & up to 4 people if you bring your microcar, otherwise camping will be £11.00 per night for a tent & up to 4 people.
There are also several b&b's within easy distance but they also do get booked up fairly quickly as there are lots of interesting places to visit in this part of Kent for holidaymakers
Please let all your microcar friends know .

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 05:17:02 PM by Jean »
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
Re: HAMMOND COLLECTION OPEN DAY 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 02:28:11 PM »
Will someone please post pictures for Jeans Open Day?
1958 FriskySport

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 08:13:51 PM »
Mark, i am not quite sure what you want to see.  If it is just pictures of our Collection, if you google the Hammond Microcar Collection you will find lots of pictures other people have posted.  There are also some videos you can view.  Jean
Jean

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 09:07:52 AM »
Dear Jean

I think Mark would like to see images of what we gat up to this year, so he will not get to see them until at the earliest 1 August 2016.

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 10:15:37 AM »
What no live feed, like Goodwood?

The virtual Rally approaches, too.

Nargh, technology.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

1bubble10 (paul smith)

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 05:08:08 PM »
Just for everyone's benefit Lesley's telephone no is 893850
Bamby P50, Piaggio Ape 50

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 05:19:35 PM »
Thanks Paul I have now amended Lesley's telephone number on the original posting to 01580 893850.  Sorry for the confusion everybody.Jean
Jean

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 02:16:14 PM »
Dear All

The latest flier and information regarding the Hammond Collection Open Day on 30 and 31 this month (July 2016) can be gained from the following attachments.

We look forward to seeing you all there. Please bring the good weather with you.

Chris Thomas

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 06:11:04 PM »
Will the Micro Car Museum be open on the Saturday? as I think I have found a young couple called Hammond who live near to me and would love to see the collection for a few hours with me in tow.
Rob.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 09:40:14 PM »
Rob, It was not intended to have the Museum open all day Saturday.  I have sent you a PM.  Jean
Jean

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 10:28:54 PM »
Dear All

For those of your that are interested in the catering at the Hammond Collection Open Day weekend, I have attached the menu and prices.

As always Jean and Family are interested in knowing who will be coming on both the Saturday and Sunday, so that the caterers can stock up and staff the kitchen properly.

Please give Jean and Leslie a ring or email if you intend to attend

Chris Thomas
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:33:08 PM by Chris Thomas »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 10:49:36 PM »
Dear All

I have attached a corrected copy of the Open Day flier, with the latest information on it.

As you can see The Hammond Family are changing up through the gears this year on the basis that this will be a bumper event. Whilst in the past it has been a very casual event. This year we will be more organised. The only thing that we are unable to organise is the weather.

I look forward to seeing you all at the open day on 30 and 31 July at School House Farm, in deepest  Kent.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

3horsepower

• Occasional
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 10:38:19 PM »
The road run sets off at 10.15 AM on Saturday 30 July & our route takes us around 35 miles of delightful Weald of Kent countryside, passing through unspoilt villages whilst, visiting three stop off points.  We are very fortunate to have been invited to the only place in UK where Kent Peg Tiles are hand made and we will be given a demonstration into the manufacturing process. We then travel on to the wonderful CM Booth Morgan Museum with a refreshment stop at the local pub who have also kindly offered us parking.  Our final stop will be at Headcorn Airfield.  Wings Bar is our venue offering refreshments & they are kindly cordoning off an area right by the Airfield entrance for our micro cars to park. The fascinating Lashenden Museum will be open and we are very lucky that Aero Legends are scheduled to be flying - including a Spitfire. What a great photo opportunity, so lets hope we can muster Messerschmitts & Heinkels.
We have a caterer providing food on our return back at School House Farm followed by the amazing live band - Bob & the Bubblers entertaining us with 1960's & retro music, then we will be running a quiz & showing some old micro car films during what should prove to be great social evening. Hope you will join us. :D

Lesley 3 horse power Cook:)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 07:52:39 AM »
It is, isn't it? Its a taste of the Burford/Story coming in. I just hope the daft idiots down at Dover sort themselves out, as that will put of anyone planning to nip over from the continent. For me having some visiting enthusiasts always spiced proceedings up. I cannot see to many losses to the MOC event when it is in the Scottish Borders, a brave shout that sounds like its going to come off.
Weather, if the vibe is good, then the weather is only a mere nuisance, but here is hoping for it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 07:10:09 PM »
Hi Jean,
Sorry my trip to you on Saturday was so short and missed the cars going out for their drive around Kent The young couple was very impressed with what they saw. Thanks again.

Anyone going via Polegate on Sunday and can give an old boy a lift to see everyone one on Sunday?

Did I hear someone yell out " what a cheeky devil" Have a great day everyone.

Rob.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.