Author Topic: Mini Comtesse  (Read 8609 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: Mini Comtesse
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2016, 11:29:51 AM »
Thanks for the responses everyone!

The first thing I will do though, is put the car on the Register of Unusual Microcars as Jean suggested, and take it from there.

I did notice at the bottom of the registration form that it says to return it together with "S.A.E FOR RETURN OF REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE" - What is this?

Dear Dan,  Upon registering your car you will receive among other things a Registration Card for the car with its unique Rumcar number which remains with the car for its life time, which you are asked to pass on should you ever sell it, as well as a windscreen sticker.  The reason for asking for a stamped addressed envelope is so that these may be sent to you together with a welcome letter explaining what services we can offer you. We need to try to keep our costs as low as possible because as you can appreciate we are not a Club so there are no annual fees to offset our expenses which we try to keep as low as possible.  We hope soon to be able offer a fully computerised  service, so the postal services are not involved.
Unfortunately these things take someone with expert knowledge to set them up, and it is only recently one our members has offered his expertise to drag us into the 21st Century!

I hope anyone reading this will bear with us, we are getting there at long last.  Jean
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:36:35 AM by Jean »
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2016, 12:00:38 PM »
Unfortunately, Big Al, it is useless referring people to the facts of what used to happen when trying to register some of these unusual cars, especially the imported 'sans permis' types recently imported from the Continent.  DVLA has changed all the rules and is still doing so, so what was acceptable in 2015 is not acceptable now.  As I have said before, Mike Shepherd (mike_microman@yahoo.com) our link person with the DVLA and the Federation is doing his very best to keep up-to-date with the current  very fluid situation. Once we have all the details known about a particular vehicle on our Register, we are in a better position to advise the owner how to proceed to get it 'road legal'.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 01:22:35 PM »
No no no Dan is asking what is the registration that comes back in his stamped, addressed envelope surely ? This is Jean talking remember . Dan this is the registration with RUM and nothing else . That in itself won't help your case though
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2016, 11:31:20 PM »
Hi everyone, I've trimmed out a couple of posts to start a separate thread,  chatting about Mini Comtesse's in general. Please can we try and keep this one to the subject of helping Dan to get his registration sorted out. Thanks
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"