Author Topic: For Sale 1956 BMW Bubble Window Isetta Complete with All Bubble Glass and Top  (Read 5146 times)

scorpius

• Occasional
Hi Guys I am listing this car on a few microcar forums to help someone who can use it

I had a batch of misc Isetta stuff sitting in storage for years and decided to do some cleaning out a month ago and went to see what I had .

In the pile of stuff I had accumilated over the last 30 years and I have a 56 bubble window Isetta minus the drive train and a few misc minor bits.

As the car does not have a motor I am selling it as parts / restore / not running , if anyone can use it let me know

This is a bubble window version with all the bubble glass (this is the original vintage USA safety glass and not the plexi repro junk)

If anyone is interested please PM me

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Where is this car, please? UK, USA, or somewhere else.

For myself I would be in the market for a rear screen. But that does not sound like a loose part.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

scorpius

• Occasional
The car is located in the US , NY area ,

sadly I do not have an extra rear screen in my bits and bobs ,

they are pretty hard to come by , most of the cars I saw that were missing them were modified to be convertibles

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
I have a Velam, but its plastic rear screen has got damaged. I can stick it together again if I want. 'Chavatte' has remade them, in France, but I have not the budget to buy. Besides I will loose the Velam transfers.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

scorpius

• Occasional
I would try to find the best clear adhesive I could find and glue it back together then polish the seam until it is not too noticeable ,

this would serve as a temporary solution until you come across  a better screen that is fairly priced

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
The correct product is called Tonsil, if memory serves. Its a two part product for glueing plexiglass. Quite expensive. You can make your own glue using Ether and dissolving some offcuts into it. This is what they used in the War. Of course Ether is not sold over the counter in Britain now, as you might be a pervert! I am known for driving Schmitts with old dead domes glued together, well I was, not driving any schmitt these days!.

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
I think you mean Tensol.

The two part system has a bit more too it than the homebrew system you're suggesting.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

scorpius

• Occasional
The correct product is called Tonsil, if memory serves. Its a two part product for glueing plexiglass. Quite expensive. You can make your own glue using Ether and dissolving some offcuts into it. This is what they used in the War. Of course Ether is not sold over the counter in Britain now, as you might be a pervert! I am known for driving Schmitts with old dead domes glued together, well I was, not driving any schmitt these days!.

I use to drive Schmitts as well , I had a few of them I recall Vic Hyde use to visit me in the summer and bring any part I needed for my cars ,

the last thing I had bought from him was a tinted dome he delivered himself in his Reliant Robin

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
I think you mean Tensol.

The two part system has a bit more too it than the homebrew system you're suggesting.

Dyslexia goal. I knew what I meant....... Thank you.

Ah! The wonderful Vic Hyde. Surely a chapter in a Messerschmitt book.

scorpius

• Occasional
yes indeed he was an amazing fellow and truly loved Meserschmitts