Author Topic: Heinkel issues  (Read 2809 times)

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
Heinkel issues
« on: August 07, 2016, 11:15:35 PM »
Dose anyone have any ideas what is going on here? The dip stick docent look perfectly straight to me, but i am not sure if its supposed to be dead straight or not. any ideas? ??? ???
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
Re: Heinkel issues
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 12:03:28 AM »
Mate as long as it's got oil in it and shows that then it's fine , get that tap sorted and always Carry a fire extinguisher in any car like that

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 07:50:46 AM »
Looks like its been miss aligned and got to near the gears. The gearstick should be straight. There is a temptation to bend them, to clear the engine cowling. Above the clip/seal that does not matter to much. below it can cause what you have.

If the dipstick is straight it starts looking a bit dark. Some of the layshafts and the camshft run in bushings. These can become worn. When the do, they seem to fail at an accelerating speed. Thus either the valve timing becomes erratic, due to camshaft movement, bearing in mind its under load from the valve springs much of the time. Or the gearchange with become increasingly loose and may baulk at times. Contrary to what most Heinkel owners seem to think the gearchange should be quite good for a dog box. The gears prefer to run in mesh, than out of it.

The tell tale is what muck is in the oil. If there is fine bronze in it, oh dear, engine strip down time. It is less likely a ball bearing has broken up, but it can happen. The bits on the magnetic drain plug, and around, will be larger.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 10:04:46 PM »
Here is a picture of my Trojan's dipstick.
If you have access to a proper manual that covers installation of the shifter fork mechanisms, I'd love to see it.