Author Topic: Paid trip to Goodwood Revival  (Read 3418 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Paid trip to Goodwood Revival
« on: August 15, 2016, 09:57:41 AM »
A question was sent back down the line.

'Hi Alan. Would you know anyone who might want to take a Type 70 to An event down south. ? Simon'

Answer, and to a few interested parties.

'This is the Goodwood Revival and is over 6th to 8th of September, I believe. They would like a running example. Normally invited cars get treated well.

Same weekend as the National Microcar Rally, not that you would know this, as having checked dates, it appears in none of the major media listings, nor on a 'classic car event date' search. So for all the blather, it is, as usual, not advertised anywhere but on Microclub media, and that being only those clubs informed. So do the Lloyd people know? Fiat 500? etc etc. Any foreign clubs know about it? It really is not difficult to understand that if you keep your event secret, few folk will turn up to it! I fail to understand why this is a wall to hit a head on. Must be something to do with campervans acting like crash helmets.

Stuart, you could borrow my Type 70 and go down to Goodwood. It only really wants a wash and brush up. There is a starting issue, as I recall. Probable be able to fix that. You could be Revived. Is that like being saved, for a Christian?

So a great opportunity to attend Goodwood Revival on expenses for the entire weekend. All you need is a working Type 70 vehicle.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:59:37 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs