Author Topic: Further illness, further Messerschmitt bits  (Read 758 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Further illness, further Messerschmitt bits
« on: October 07, 2016, 09:53:47 AM »
I am just back out of hospital after another attack of septicaemia. Just as I was really making headway on loosing weight. So back on light duties and got to remain undeviating on the diet. My emergency trip into the infirmary saw the end for one dog, Gooch, who had reached his time really. The other has been diagnosed with a a heart condition and water on the lungs. So looks like I will be dogless before I thought, as she is on borrowed time.

The only really important work to do is to go and collect a shed full of new Schmitt bits and some tooling on Saturday. The building is being redeveloped. In effect I could make up 10 Messerschmitts, with ID, missing a lot of mechanics out of this lot. But such is my state of not being able to do such work now I will be creating some flat pack cars for others to restore. Perfect entry Schmitt for a proficient welder on a budget, as nigh on all is new steel. Profit is all well and good, and their is potentially a lot here, but inaccessible to me.

Also the jigs to create the front cross members, the correct curvature of the tubes of a monocoque, not quite is simple a shape as you might expect. Then there is a jig for assembling the monocoque tubs, tubes to crossmember and with their panels. They will also repair a accident damaged tub back to straight. These tools do not belong to me and I will be storing them until a buyer is found. Frankly, I think they will be a bit of a bargain, certainly if anyone seriously wants to make steel tubed replicas, as this jig is correct, including the correct angle for the crossmember to floor that so many people have got wrong over the years, leading to cars that simple cannot be adjusted to handle correctly. The purchaser will get the intro to the sources of trade floors, firewall, sides etc. The same places the clubs get their panels.

I am keeping the hydraulic press tool. But you can buy one from Machine Mart. The adapters, if they are present, can pass on with the tooling. For instance the tool to stamp off the end of the tube, for the pedal assembly to fit onto.

Quite how I am going to shift several tons of steel on a gimp leg I have no idea, but its got to be done. Then, as I say so often, that’s buying in done. (this year I had Oddingley, and now these Schmitty bits, plus a few bargains) I just need to sell off a load of stuff! The cars gain on me and now sit well over 80 again.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Further illness, further Messerschmitt bits
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 11:08:06 AM »
Sorry to hear your bad news, hope things improve for you soon.

On a silly note and hoping to give you a chuckle : Septicaemia is SO last month, now it's Octocaemia!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 07:10:18 AM »
I like it, fashionable illnesses. I wouldn't be seen died in February, Dharling, everything else is so stiff and pale. But Duodenal Ulcers are going to be in after the Christmas excess. Consider Colic by Channell, as a timely gift.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 07:17:04 AM »
Chortle!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 02:41:27 PM »
Al,
Sorry to hear of your loss of your companions.
Hope you get better soon.
Would it be practical to answer the question- what comprises the other70 in your collection?
All the best,
Steve
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:45:39 AM by steven mandell »