Author Topic: 33rd UK (Inter)National Microcar Rally - 6-9 September 2007  (Read 19357 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: 33rd UK (Inter)National Microcar Rally - 6-9 September 2007
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 06:14:30 PM »
Hello Marcus, You just pay when you turn up, then after that; ENJOY!...............

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! My grumpy boss turned his back for half an hour today, during which I saw my chance and swiped the keys to the works van for the weekend  ;D so the Mini-Comtesse WILL indeed make it to Huntingdon after all.....  :o

;D                                                         ;D                                                                     ;D

Form an orderly queue you lucky people you.......   :-*
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 06:17:52 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 06:49:15 PM »
Ken Kimber has kindly asked me to accompany him to the National for a brief visit on Sunday.  This was a great and pleasant surprise .  I look forward to seeing you all there.  Jean.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 08:03:38 PM »
See you tomorrow Mr C.  I'll have a go of your machine!

Roadrun starts 10.30ish...
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Dan Rodd

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 09:10:19 PM »
i have read on the r3w forum that a Scootacar at the national was rear ended today on a trip to the zoo?

barchetta

• Chatty
  • ready for a road run summer 2006
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 08:31:41 PM »
Dan,
 yes, graham Johnsons Mk 2 was rear ended whilst waiting at traffic lights on the outskirts of Huntingdon, sadly his event spoiled after only a couple of miles by an inattentive( stronger words were used at the time) driver of a modern car. He'd trailered down from Scotland to bring the car to the event .
 Luckily Tony Marshall has ( amongst many others) a Mk2 that he would allow a mould to be taken from to manufacture a repair panel and i've offered this to graham ,The logistics of Norfolk / Wolverton / Scotland have yet to be sorted.

As for the Rally itself great weather, plenty of cars...110 by saturday night i was told ,and watching the boyish enthusiasm of contributer to this forum Marcus sprinting alongside the collection of Motorhomes and tents trying to get a photo of a micro ,( the busy bee i think) as it sped out of sight along the dusty track on a short lap of the field.
Fiat 500L ,Motobecane 40T & 51V ,Victoria Vicky 117,Trojan Mini-motor,, Honda p50 ,PC50 and NF75, BSA Bantam D10,Raleigh Wisp,Raleigh RM4 ,Garelli Katia and Eurika,

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 07:54:02 PM »
Goo Goo, Ga Ga ! Yes it was the Busy Bee. Got some nice pix of it later, lovely. Had a great time there and thanks to all who made it so much fun.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 07:59:03 PM »
Ah, Barchetta, that must be you with the lovely hot Fiat, I meant to meet up and find out about it. Is it a standard model or has it been modified. I have seen those lovely Fiats with open tops and chrome hand rails down the sides. There is never enough time to meet everyone and see everything.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 07:52:01 PM »
Look out for a feature article in 'Classic Car Weekly' on this years NMCR.  Available hot off the press tomorrow.   ;)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 05:11:45 PM »
Look out for a feature article in 'Classic Car Weekly' on this years NMCR.  Available hot off the press tomorrow.   ;)

Went out & had a look at that today. Lots of bubbles and complete with several RUM members acting as pin-up boys as well...  :o  Perhaps we should do one of those calenders like the Micro Maniacs did a few years back. Actully, on second thoughts, perhaps not EXACLY quite like that......   ;)