Author Topic: Lloyd 650 Roadster for sale  (Read 3548 times)

Alastair

• Chatty
Lloyd 650 Roadster for sale
« on: December 13, 2016, 07:17:27 PM »
Hi
In my capacity as Registrar, an owner of a 1949 Lloyd 650 Roadster has made contact from Denmark. He has owned this car for the last 35 years but has now decided to sell as he needs the space. He's sent me over 100 photos of the car and it appears to be more or less complete but in poor condition. He describes it as possibly more suitable as a "parts car" but realising there is probably no market for it in Denmark he has asked me to offer it for sale in the UK. Unfortunately I sold my own Lloyd 650 this time last year or I might have been tempted myself, but if there's another owner interested, please contact me via my Registrar's email address - alastair.rumcars@btinternet.com and I'll supply photos and a contact email for the owner.
Where else are you ever likely to find such a large source of parts to perhaps get another car mobile again?

Regards
Alastair     

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Lloyd 650 Roadster for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 08:17:39 AM »
Strange place to find a Lloyd of that sort. But then I suppose Grimsby is about as near to Denmark as your going to get in England. You almost wonder if there was a moments panic.
'I am sure I parked where those pallets were. over there!'
These cars are on my personal list, still substantial, of light and microcars never owned. But I have lost the will to boldly buy, having far to much stuff around already. It took a day just to clear the junk in front of the garage to put the running Electron in, so I can finish, and use it on fine days.

Good luck with selling, someone will want, and hopefully, love it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Alastair

• Chatty
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 03:47:18 PM »
The interesting thing is that it's fitted with a kph speedometer (with 501km recorded) of the same type and style as the mph version so it was presumably built for export. Still RHD though. I know Sweden changed the side of the road they drive on, did Denmark?

Alastair

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 05:21:35 PM »
Denmark did change to driving on the right.  But that was in 1793!