Author Topic: 2017 National Microcar Rally  (Read 6035 times)

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
2017 National Microcar Rally
« on: January 29, 2017, 01:24:40 PM »
We're very pleased to announce that the 2017 NMCR will be organised by Marilyn Bryce and Alan Prince of the Scottish Microcar Club from 6th - 11th September 2017. The rally will be based at Grasmere Sports show ground, in the tranquil Lake District, an area that has much to offer.

Road runs to local places of interest are being planned for the Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Marilyn and Alan are making full use of their local knowledge to ensure that we get the best sights and attractions in the Lakes. This year the site is available on the Wednesday afternoon through until the Monday lunchtime.

Venue: Grasmere Sports Show Ground
Venue Address: The Showfield, Stock Lane, Grasmere, Cumbria, LA22 9SL.
http://grasmeresports.com/

Please check www.national-microcar-rally.co.uk for further details
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: 2017 National Microcar Rally
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 09:30:19 AM »
News that the Barking Pumpkin will be attempting the National complete with Scootacar. So The BUMS look to pull in two of the most distant entrants, South coast and Orkney, which is as it should be. I should be there and I hope to supply a drive to the 'Jukebox', who can make part of the event. This has all got Root thinking about attending. So that would be five cars.

Now to work on the others.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 07:42:39 PM »
Excellent, almost a full turn out of Wombles then.  Great Uncle Bulgaria taking Schmitt, Autobianchi  and Trooper.  Will Wellington be bringing the P50, IC or the pavement scooter from last year ?.oi, look out PC Dilks will be watching. Bond from the north, Sootacar from the South, will be a grand turn out of those from ‘underground’.  But how will we recognise the Wombles we wonder?  Perhaps after dark micronaught activities, much twitching of motorhome curtains I fear.  Will be a grand event.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 09:35:44 PM »
I can't find the picture that really should be here, but here is an exclusive sneak preview of of the above named Wimbles of Wombledon already trying trying out one of the vehicles intended for the National after Buster Bubblevessle refused to play after rejecting the Llandudno heart transplant. Meanwhile Wellington is already planning the appearance of something even more outrageous & utterly beside the point, but the clues are; "Garden ornaments", Apollo 11, and "Former WW1 tank testing grounds"...   

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 09:37:28 PM »
...but then again, this year is in the Lake District, so perhaps the Wimbles of Wombledon will be arriving thus....

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 11:59:57 PM »
A trail of beer bottles? Well there remains the distinct possibility of recruiting new members, if we are present in enough quantity to be actively daft. Saw Cousin It this evening. He is away to think if attending is possible, but his car looks to far from the road.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 02:13:53 AM »
Further updates about this years rally have now been posted.

Please see http://national-microcar-rally.co.uk/ for details
Malcolm

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 08:05:54 PM »
Only a week away.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on the Rumcar Stand, where will have a Tombola to raise funds for  The Archive of Microcars. Plus the usual sale of books and subscriptions to Rumcar News

Come and make yourself known as so many of you I know your names or your cars, but not you.

See you there.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 01:04:35 PM »
Just returned from 5 very wet days in the Lake District.

The location was stunning, One day we had some sun, The rest of the time it rained.

I felt very sorry for those that were camping and the organisers as the rain never stopped.

Otherwise it was worth going.

Chris Thomas

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 08:01:25 PM »
I could have lived with the rain, just a shame it's not in August. Would have enjoyed trying a few of the hills, though I'm not sure about the watersplash!
Malcolm

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 07:43:44 PM »
The rain spoiled the social and display activities on site - but by golly the road runs were good!

I missed the Thursday one, and had to drive hood-up for 3/4 of the Friday run (I loathe driving with the hood up!), but soon had the hood down on the Saturday.  A 60-odd-mile run took us over the fells just south of the Wrynose and Hardnott passes, and into glorious sunshine.  Clear distant views of all the hills, and across to the Isle of Man and Scotland.  Once near to Grasmere again, the rain came on, and we found out that it had continued all day at the campsite.

My poor little Bond was doing unusually well at recent rallies, and on the Friday here, but made up for it all on the Saturday:  two hesitations as if short of fuel (when it wasn't); complete lack of clutch action when the cable fell out of its adjuster (easy fix); lots of backfiring then complete standstill (first whiskered plug I've had in 18 years of owning it); then we got caught out by opposing traffic when going up a 1-in-4 hairpin.  Couldn't get going again, and burned the clutch out instantly in trying.  Fellow Bonder was horrified that I thought of calling the RAC to get me back to camp (and I'd fix it once trailered home), when I had spare plates and the right tools in the boot - so horrified, in fact, that he grabbed the tools and did the clutch change for me!  Thank you, Dennis Jump!

What with all that faffing, how did I enjoy the day?  It was BRILLIANT!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 08:14:04 PM by DaveMiller »

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 11:12:18 PM »
Well done Dennis!
Malcolm