Author Topic: Messerchmitt TG500 Canvas Hood  (Read 2902 times)

dalefrench

• Just Starting
Messerchmitt TG500 Canvas Hood
« on: February 22, 2017, 08:38:07 AM »
Hi guys

My father has recently restored his second TG 500 however he wants to fit the canvas soft top to the vehicle.

We are desperately looking for a pattern to manufacture the canvas hood. Failing to find this pattern we are looking for somewhere where this hood can be purchased.

We have been searching the internet for months with no luck so any help you have will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Dale

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Messerchmitt TG500 Canvas Hood
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 09:01:09 AM »
Is this soft top for a Cabriolet, a Roadster, or a Sport version?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

dalefrench

• Just Starting
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 10:53:12 AM »
Cabriolet TG500

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 11:58:02 AM »
I don't know of the logistics needed, but you couldn't do better than to have Nick Poll create one for you.
He is the best in the world at Messerschmitt interiors, and has his own TG that could be used for mock up.

However he is a Brit that has moved to the South of France, and I do not know the level of standardization of your TG's dimensions or snap button placements, so you would best be advised to contact him directly about the situation.
You can try sending him a personal message from the list of forum members, or might get hold of him more quickly by directly emailing him at brufsup@aol.com