Author Topic: Bond minicar g tourer  (Read 3302 times)

bubble999

• Occasional
Bond minicar g tourer
« on: February 27, 2017, 10:38:09 AM »
Help please, we have just purchased a bond and found that although we thought it was an estate it should be a tourer. A previous owner has cut off the body from behind the seats down to the bumper line leaving nothing between the rear wings. We are looking for a boot lid and rear panel that surrounds it. Or somebody to loan us a boot lid to unable us to have a fibreglass mould make so we can produce one for ourself and have the mould for anybody in the future who might need one. Thank you in advance , Lynne & Gary

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Re: Bond minicar g tourer
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 10:49:56 AM »
Any photos available?

Here is my one but probably of no use to you.

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 11:25:01 AM »
Lynne's got the "Estate" bodywork.  What's she's asking for is the rear deck and boot lid, which will originally have been present, before a previous owner cut it out to make an estate.  As she says, that's not likely to be an easy find - but certainly worth looking for!

Lynne:  if it helps, you can have a good look at my G Tourer at a rally, and you should have a chat to Stan Cornock, who successfully converted his Mk F van to a tourer.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 02:00:20 PM »
Lynne and I are in touch and I am looking to have a copy of mine made for her 😏
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

DaveMiller

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 02:02:35 PM »
Brilliant!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:10:35 PM by DaveMiller »

bubble999

• Occasional
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 09:15:48 PM »
Thank you to everybody, one way or another we will put it back to original , so a tourer it will be. Gary is starting tomorrow putting the hubs and wheels back on and then we are going to get a local fabricator to look at it for advice. But if anybody knows of a back panel or boot from a tourer that would make his job much easier. Thanks again to everybody, we will keep you updated and post some pictures.