Author Topic: Roy Wood  (Read 4137 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Roy Wood
« on: March 30, 2017, 09:39:03 AM »
Just had news that Roy Wood died on 17th March. He had links to mcrocars for a long period of time. He and Lily went on honeymoon in his Isetta. I met him at Schmitt events and at Godstone pubnights. When he retired they moved up to Lincolnshire and were to be found at the Bubblecar Museum. Roy had an original Roadster, and a KR200 Messerschmitt. Indeed his 'schmitt was in the museum for a while. A quiet gently spoken fellow, who took interest in what was going on, without being the centre of attention.

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Roy Wood
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 02:23:36 PM »
Not to be flippant in any way whatsoever but the name is so well known in the pop world it's probably best to mention it is not the Wizard lead , or is it ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 06:44:08 PM »
I must admit it was ever a source of amusement to me, as I cannot think of anyone less like Roy Wood of The Move, ELO and Wizard. A forgotten hero of British music, really. The Brummy version also had a girlfriend who was an early pin up of mine in Ayshea Brough, seen on Lift off, featuring Olly Beake, a sort of northern version of Basil Brush,  and in Gerry Anderson's UFO. No, this Roy Wood was a much more reserved sort of person.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 10:41:08 PM »
I must admit it was ever a source of amusement to me, as I cannot think of anyone less like Roy Wood of The Move, ELO and Wizard. A forgotten hero of British music, really. The Brummy version also had a girlfriend who was an early pin up of mine in Ayshea Brough, seen on Lift off, featuring Olly Beake, a sort of northern version of Basil Brush,  and in Gerry Anderson's UFO. No, this Roy Wood was a much more reserved sort of person.
   http://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/659569/TV-firm-wiped-past-destroyed-tapes-Lift-Off-With-Ayshea-Brough

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 07:40:23 AM »
That's her. That explains the lack of any Lift Off stuff. Huge shame. It was a good programme, putting ITV ahead of the Beeb.