Author Topic: 3T Blower engines  (Read 3652 times)

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
3T Blower engines
« on: May 01, 2017, 04:48:55 PM »
I now have two spare Villiers 3T blower engine surplus to requirements and thought i would offer them on the forum before auctions.
The first has been re-bored, fitted with new pistons and comes with cowl, carburetor and coils.
The second needs a full rebuild.
I am asking £800 for the first and £500 for the second. I am not looking for offers as i do not need to sell them.
In a few months time i will have a 4T Bond engine that was rebuilt but never used complete with electrics and exhaust.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
Re: 3T Blower engines
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 01:07:04 PM »
Was it rebuilt at the factory?
Did they replace the tricky seal at the crankcase half's junction?

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 09:48:37 AM »
The engine was rebuilt by a fellow frisky owner. I am told that the Australian 3T engines were not fitted with that troublesome seal.
These are both Australian engines that start with 116 in their serial numbers.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 06:25:56 PM »
Thanks Malcolm.
It will be a welcome upgrade for my Sport that has the smaller engine in it and would probably need that seal replaced due to its being inactive for likely a couple of decades by now.
If it would not be a problem for you to continue to store it for up to a couple of months after I pay you, (so I can figure out the best way to ship it) I appreciate the opportunity to purchase the rebuilt unit from you.

Feel free to send me a p. m. to work out the details of your preferred method of my transferring funds to you. :D
Steve

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 09:44:29 AM »
Hi Steve. No problem.
I am tied up this week but will email you and work things out next week. I will crate it for air freight at no cost.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 01:41:07 PM »
Great!
Thanks!!! :D :D :D
Your crating it is both a necessary and very much appreciated service (exclamation mark withheld only for sake of not tiring readers).
I have no idea yet about best shipping options, only that it can be very costly if you choose the wrong one.
Anyone with experience that can help me pick the most cost effective one, please feel free to chime in.
I was presuming a Southampton to Los Angeles shipping, as I have brought in Sans Permis cars that I bought in France in a 40 foot container most cost effectively from there, but have no experience attempting to achieve same for a partial shipment like this.
Had not even occured to me that air was a viable option.
Time in transit is not a factor worthy of extra expenditure in this case.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 01:48:51 PM by steven mandell »

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 12:06:49 PM »
Don't really want to push my luck, because I don't personally  know your level of skill or interest required to take on such a project- but hopefully it won't hurt to ask the following:
Would you consider making a hood frame for a convertible top for my Frisky Sport that came without a trace of one?