Author Topic: Tri Tech Schmitt  (Read 2645 times)

mess

• Just Starting
Tri Tech Schmitt
« on: June 02, 2017, 03:21:42 AM »
Hi,I just joined. I have had 5 Messerschmitts in the past.I still have a red 1958 one here at the house. In 2000 I bought a silver Tri Tech Schmitt with a red interior. I still drives great after 17 years. I do take it on the freeways all the time at around 65 mph. Its a little hairy and you do have to be very alert. The only thing I regret is there is no reverse. My car was the one used in their advertising.Thanks,Bernard

Ran00

• Just Starting
Re: Tri Tech Schmitt
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 09:07:41 AM »
Hi Mess. Wonderful it's all running after 17 years. And why not? Interested what advertising was it used in as I only saw a red or blue car used in adverts? Have you made any modifications on steering? Thanks
Everything's personal :)

mess

• Just Starting
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 03:35:01 PM »
Hi,I will find and photograph the ad. I need a new front hub. Can anyone help me? Its not the rear Mini hub. Here's the photo of what I need and a drawing showing the side view and the dimensions in inches. Thanks,Bernard

mess

• Just Starting
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 03:36:53 PM »
Sorry here's a drawing with dimensions in inches.

Ran00

• Just Starting
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 10:35:16 PM »
Hi. Why do you need a new hub? Are you sure it cannot be repaired? I wouldn't know where you would find one? I would of thought you would need to get it made. It's a simple design
Everything's personal :)