Author Topic: Sans Permis in the UK  (Read 2631 times)

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Sans Permis in the UK
« on: June 12, 2017, 07:42:08 PM »
I sold my Microcar DX on eBay but the buyer has pulled-out saying that he has been told by his microcar friend that it is almost impossible to register Sans Permis Cars now.
I offered it to another nice chap who had been asking about it.

He came back with Quote:-
Hello again. Just had two call backs. Dvla and rumcars.org uk. Both of them have confirmed that due to a rash of the sans permis cars coming into the uk over the last fews years, legislation has drastically changed on these vehicles and they are almost impossible get get registered on the uk roads and can cost in some cases well over a £1000 to do this. So unfortunately Barry it is not within my reach to do this. Such a shame as I believed it was ideal for my needs. Thank you for keeping me updated though and i hope that the other gent still goes through with the sale for you. Best regards............

I had not known about this tightening-up on Sans Permis. Does anyone else know differently?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Sans Permis in the UK
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 09:49:53 AM »
Could the Rumcars registration officer maybe shed some light on all this?

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 05:17:26 PM »
It sounds like an area where the FBHVC needs to be more actively involved.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 05:39:57 PM »
 Just had a phone call from the Rumcars registration official. He tells me nothing has really changed as far as regulations are concerned but maybe there attitude towards sans permis cars. The last one he went to register they said that they needed the exact day and month of manufacture which of course no body knows.  The car he is dealing with at the moment had to get a daylight MOT. The other thing to consider is that there is a huge back log of applications for V5s for old vehicle so it would take several months. He did confirm that a car coming in with an existing French title would be much easier to register here. Some may have to settle for a Q plate. So, in summery, it should still be possible to register a sans permis car here but be prepared to jump through hoops and cough up some money.

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 07:40:11 AM »
hi frieds, that "petite anne" was mine .... it has been sold with french regular title .... where is this document now?
"Bubblecars & Scooters en Bourgogne" president
scooters & microcars addict since 1985
http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com
next edition : 28-30 august 2018 : ROLUX special edition !!

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 09:54:56 AM »
I don't remember ever getting any paperwork Jean-do.  I thought the number plates were just artistic :).  I will have a look for documents.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 11:13:01 PM »
I heard today that the rumcars agent for registrations has just successfully obtained a V5 for a Mini Comtesse thus proving that it is possible to register a sans permis vehicle in the uk.