Author Topic: The Hammond collection microcar weekend 2018  (Read 5119 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
The Hammond collection microcar weekend 2018
« on: May 01, 2018, 11:48:52 PM »
The Hammond collection microcar weekend 2018

Our now annual event over the last weekend in July is on! Sunday 29 July 2018 is the one day of the year when The Hammond Collection of Micro Cars will be open to the public to view. It is a great day out as we have visiting micro cars, other classic vehicles, food & festivities.
If you would like to visit our private collection other than on our open day, then please contact us & will endeavour to arrange something but please understand that this must be by appointment only. We are always delighted to show groups of interested people & clubs around at a mutually convenient times. We do have adequate parking for groups.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: The Hammond collection microcar weekend 2018
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 09:56:08 PM »
Dear All
The Hammond Collection weekend event looks like being the best yet. People are booked into the camp site with their cars from all over the country. The AC Petite register will be gathering all the known AC's together. A thing that has never been done before. There will be a very interesting road run on the Saturday, followed by an evening of entertainment and good food. The Static day on the Sunday will have a motoring skills event, along with many displays, good cars and good food. Bring along your own chairs and just sit and chat. Not forgetting a few competitions, and the star of the weekend, the Hammond Collection itself.

If you want to camp, you must contact Leslie Cook to reserve a pitch.

The Hammond Family look forward to seeing you all.

Chris Thomas

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 10:30:04 AM »
Small correction.
Not all the known AC Petites will be there.
Sorry to say that myself and mine are an ocean and continent away here in L.A.
Would absolutely attend if we were not.
Have fun and please take lots of pics and videos to post for your more geographically challenged enthusiasts.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 11:24:53 AM »
Yes please make contact AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  We have already had to negoiate with our insurers for a few more spaces and now there really is no more room for manoeuvre and these are rapidly being taken.  We would hate to have to say 'no' to any of our friends  and  send them to another camp site nearby .  So please ring 01580 835850 or me and I will let Lesley know when she gets home from work.  I am very much looking forward to seeing many old friends again, bring the sunshine with you.Jean 
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 10:10:52 AM »
Dear All

We have just heard that the highways agency have decided to close the M20 between junction 4 and 6 for Friday, Saturday and Sunday and may extend into Monday. This is the section from Leybourn to Aylesford. This will mean all the traffic will be diverted onto the A20 road during this period, which means that the journey will take a lot longer for that section.

If you were planning to use the M20 or A20 to attend the Open Day events at School House Farm you have several alternative options:

Take the A22 down past Sevenoaks and Tonbridge to Lamberhurst and turn left and go through Goudhurst (not ideal for large vehicles) to  the roundabout before Sissinghurst, and then turn left and approach Staplehurst on the A229 from the south.

Another option is to come off the A20 at Wrotham Heath and follow Seven Mile Lane to Mereworth and take the A26 into Maidstone, and then the A229 south out of Maidstone for Staplehurst.

I hope this helps you get to the event safely.

Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 10:30:41 AM »
Dear All

It has been pointed out to me that the A22 Road does not go past Sevenoaks and Tonbridge to Lamberhurst. Where as the A21 road does.

I blame it on the excess heat affecting my memory.

Chris Thomas

Model70

• Occasional
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 12:48:20 PM »
Have emailed Jean about late camping availability as would like to bring my Invacar along.

Phone number on the post above didnt work unfortunately.

Best wishes,
Neal

1973 Model 70 built by Invacar

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 06:06:39 PM »
Dear All

As of today the following decision has been made by the Highways department regarding the M20 Road closure this coming weekend 27-30 July 2018: -

UPDATE: M20 J6 - J4 : This weekend’s planned closure of the M20 between J4 & J6 has been cancelled.
This is because of the combination of high traffic volumes and the continuing hot weather.

Therefore the route to School House Farm via Leeds Castle, Langley and Sutton Valence is now clear.

See you there

Chris Thomas

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 06:25:38 PM »
Hi everyone

Despite the heat - we are promised just about ideal temperatures on Saturday & Sunday - despite the threatened closure of the M20 over the whole weekend (I had a little word with the Highways Department) and now they have announced a u turn - the M20 will remain open throughout the weekend - I predict it will be a vintage event!

We have record numbers of micro cars booked to arrive.  On Saturday we have arranged a road run to interesting venues followed by evening social with fabulous food provided by The Lamb Shack, the highlight of the evening being a live music performance by the amazing Bob & The Bubblers.

On Sunday we are proud to host the first ever international AC Petite gathering! Free parking for all visitors. The Hammond Collection Museum will be open 10.30 am to 4pm.  The Lamb Shack providing catering including breakfast throughout the day, there will be a number of visiting micro cars + a smattering of classic cars, a fabulous tombola, displays & information on the Archive  & micro car driving event, a vintage ice cream van, live background music provided by a wonderful local concertina band.  It is going to be fun.

Please ring Lesley on 01580 893850 for camping information - we are getting very booked up now!

Hope to see lots of you over the weekend!

Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 09:42:35 PM »
Hello Jean,

My lovely neighbours, Danielle and Chris will be bringing me on Sunday about 11am to view the cars and meet people I haven't seen for years. I can't believe it was 42 years ago when I had my collection of eleven micro cars, now all gone. Danielle is also looking forward to seeing the ponies etc.

Best Wishes,

Rob.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 10:39:12 PM »
I would just like to thanks Jean and her family for hosting yet another great microcar event. Really enjoyed it!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 12:44:02 PM by Bob Purton »