Author Topic: Restoration Show at the NEC  (Read 3806 times)

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
Restoration Show at the NEC
« on: April 02, 2017, 09:08:54 AM »
Good representation once again at this developing show.  Heinkel Trojan Club and the Bug Club have large stands with a range of cars on display from concours to projects.  Bug club were very busy yesterday stripping a car and building up on a new chassis.  Reliant club next door have good turn out as well.
The Frisky Register is marking 60 years of the Meadows Frisky and have three Sports on display.  Totally original, part restored and fully restored.  The event has been made all the more special by our good friend and Sport owners, Mark Green from the USA who has sent over special 60th Anniversary jumpers for all on the stand.  Stand organiser, Malcolm Dudley has produced new banners, key rings and cuff links for the event.  NEC veteran, and all things Frisky, John Meadows continues to entertain the masses with the Meadows/Frisky lectures.  A great time is being had by all and thanks to all on the Frisky stand, Heinkel Trojan and Bug who are once again 'flying the flag' for the MicroCar community.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 10:53:25 AM by scootacar »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Restoration Show at the NEC
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 10:25:43 AM »
Good for them! I have to say I was not aware this was on, but its not really my cup of tea. Shows I am getting out of touch. Got more engines to build up and sell to folk, as part of the clearances. Which would have possibly interested folks viewing the stands. Ho hum.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
Re: Restoration Show at the NEC
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 11:07:57 AM »
Just to confirm that both the Frisky register and the Heinkel/Trojan club will be at this years restoration show in hall 4.