Author Topic: Finally started the Nobel restoration, paint question  (Read 7477 times)

rettus72

• Occasional
Finally started the Nobel restoration, paint question
« on: August 19, 2019, 06:30:50 PM »
Hello everyone, I’ve finally started the restoration and was wondering if anyone has any information on the paint code. I originally thought it was green but after I removed the tail light assembly I noticed the paint is a shade of blue. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, joel
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:12:53 PM by rettus72 »

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
Re: Finally started the Nobel restoration, paint question
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 09:01:52 PM »
Hi Joel  dont know if the were all this colour but here is a friends one and if this was the colour scheme you had in mind i am sure i could find out what was used .

rettus72

• Occasional
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 11:04:30 PM »
Thank you the fast reply, any help would be great. I will have to do 1 solid color.

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 11:56:53 AM »
Hi Joel  i have spoken to my friend amd he has confirmed what i thought.  The factory nobels were all done in the 2 tone colour scheme in the photo although some owners obviously changed them which i assume is what happened to the car you have. He is happy to look up the paint codes if this is the route you are going or if you are changing from original . Really like to see more photos of your project cheers Gary

rettus72

• Occasional
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 03:24:43 AM »
Thank you Gary, and yes the color code would be great. I don’t know if mine was ever 2 tone as it is a truck version.

rettus72

• Occasional
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 03:26:00 AM »
Picture of the front.

powerdrive

• POWERDRIVE
  • Chatty
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 03:32:29 AM »
Ah very interesting it  being a truck .is it a steel body or isit like the cars .fibreglass . Cheers for the photos.

rettus72

• Occasional
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 08:38:10 PM »
The back half is steel, the front portion is aluminum. Still with a wood floor throughout.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 08:39:54 AM »
The standard saloon bodied Nobels were all 2 tone peacock blue and cream but all the pickup/ Vicky/sporty's I have ever seen have been one solid colour blue.

rettus72

• Occasional
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 04:49:31 PM »
Hello everyone and thanks for the great information. This i s the color I decided to go with. I hoping it will look nice.

Cabbage

• Just Starting
    • Fintech app development
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2021, 09:43:13 AM »
Hi Rettus!

Let me bump this thread a bit because I am very curious to see how your car has turned up. I love the color choice and would really like to see the whole thing painted. That must have been a lot of meticulous work but I bet it was worth it!

JohnMiller56

• Just Starting
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2021, 07:28:33 AM »
Any updates about this project? I think we are all curious how is it going and have you already finished at least putting this new coat of paint! I have to say that this color makes this car look even more cute! I miss these kind of microcars  ;D