Author Topic: Frisky  (Read 6412 times)

To-Jo

• Just Starting
Frisky
« on: March 21, 2006, 12:06:56 AM »
Have we all seen that Frisky on Ebay?  What exactly is it?  The vendor doesn't seem to know, but he certainly knows how much he wants for it!  It's cars like this that justify the work that John Meadows of the Frisky Register is putting in.  See his comments on authenticity in RUMCar News.

robadob

Re: Frisky
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 10:28:44 AM »
At the prices microcars are advertized these days I might slot a Harley engine in one of my Flippers. Would it sell for six grand? Would it still be a Microcar? If that Frisky is genuine then I'm a Gerkin.

Friskyman

• Just Starting
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 06:58:49 PM »
Re the Frisky its a Familythree Mark two with an Excellsior engine registered 1963 this has been modified here and there including front hinged doors.A sound basis for a restoration project. The seller has had it for a number of years I first heared of it in the late seventies and it has been as it is now ever since then. How it came to be that way I don't know its in the era when " build your self a Frisky " bits were available to all. Perhaps the new owner will contact the Frisky Register and let us know. As for its value it does seem high compared with the last Frisky F3 to go on ebay that made just under £2500 and was tidy but needing some work to finish it. In the end these cars are worth what people will pay and theres non so queer as folk!! So unfortunatly we havn't found the only three wheeled Frisky Sport in the world yet!!

mangoman

• Just Starting
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 08:57:59 PM »
Since I own this car, I do think I can put whatever value I like on it; the fact remains that twice, a far higher price had been agreed on a private sale basis, although both deals eventually fell through, so reducing the price from the original listed value seems fair to me and I do not need to justify it!

The history is straightforward, for those who are seriously interested and not into just tradin' insults or discussing bottled pickles; I bought it in 1971 from the chap who had owned it since 1966. He stated that the car was one of the last made and that it had only been repainted, (Jaguar blue, over the original red I think).
There were two previous owners from when it was first registered in Kent in May 1963.
I have never modified the car other than fit wider, low profile front tyres which performed the magical trick of stopping it from riding like a brick and following the white lines in the road!

There is absolutely no indication whatever of the doors being rehung or of any other changes, but anything is possible; I almost fitted it with a VW engine, so there you go...

I do think it's sad when forums drop down to talking about "the price of chickens" instead of being sources of active help for others, but I have seen it on other forums too.

Right; now a question for those owning four wheel Frisky Sports; do they have a speedo that goes anti-clockwise and do they have a rev counter? (I have never seen a close up of a dashboard, so I am curious, that's all!)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 10:16:49 PM »
Well said that man!!

inacoma

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 10:18:08 PM »
Hello Mango Man, Mr Gherkin and everyone else.

I am always interested in prices, and yes everything is worth what someone will pay.

I for one think all microcars are interesting, totaly original is fine and so is modified and altered, so long as everyone knows whats what.

More pictures and history about your car would be interesting.

good luck with your sale.

John

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 10:44:34 PM »
Again John you have proved to be a master of diplomacy, when ever feathers get a little ruffled you are right there to pour oil on troubled waters! I think a great career awaits you in politics. By the way I was down in your neck of the woods again today peddling my wares, I managed to flog the ships binnacle/compass that you saw in the back of my car when I picked up the Willam so we can eat this week!The New Forrest is a lovely part of the country.   Bob P.

inacoma

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 11:02:30 PM »

I'm a misserable git in real life.

Bah!!!!!! Humbug.

John