Author Topic: registering mochet with no papers  (Read 8542 times)

Darin smith

• Just Starting
registering mochet with no papers
« on: November 06, 2019, 04:45:05 PM »
hi im new on here i have 12 microcars but just bought mochet in england with no papers is there any chance to get it registered with dvla

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: registering mochet with no papers
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 08:40:23 PM »
Dear Darin

The DVLA have tightened up their procedures and this makes registering a vehicle of any kind without any documents very difficult, They need documentary proof that the vehicle is genuine and not a collection of spare parts assembled. This means that without an approved document linking the Chassis number to a registration year and or a registration number then they can refuse.
Rumcar can help you to date the vehicle, but that will only determine the number plate year once all the other requirements have been complied with.

If the vehicle was never registered in the UK, then you will probably need to prove when the vehicle arrived in the UK and proof of Vat or duty paid when it was imported. Again without any papers this may be very difficult to prove.

It is always unwise to purchase any car with no documentation, if you want to drive it on the highway.

So to answer your question as it stands you stand little chance of getting the vehicle registered in the UK without any documentation.

Chris Thomas
The Archive of Microcars

MicroStu

• Just Starting
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 12:58:48 PM »
Afternoon, I’m in exactly the same boat with my Mochet although I will have a NOVA certificate, who do I need to contact at RUM Cars that can provide a dating letter?
 Thanks Stu

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 05:46:21 PM »
Dear Stuart

Please contact me via Chris@rumcars.org and I will look at what is needed.

Chris Thomas
The Archive of Microcars

MicroStu

• Just Starting
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 08:32:29 PM »
Thanks Chris, email sent.