Author Topic: ID for driving microcar?  (Read 986 times)


  • Just Starting
  • *
  • Posts: 1
    • Pulno
ID for driving microcar?
« on: May 21, 2020, 11:52:33 AM »
So today, microcars are experiencing a renaissance. I have recently read that they are beginning to enjoy recognition in highly developed countries (environmental protection, small size, tax relief, low operating costs, possibility of driving by young people). They are most popular as cars to drive on the crowded streets of large urban agglomerations and as second or third cars in the family. They are also used as delivery vans, transport vehicles or as urban service vehicles. Very often a B1 or AM driving licence or an ID card is enough to drive a microcar. And here my question comes into play. Is it true? Do I only need ID card (in the UK)?

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 1237
Re: ID for driving microcar?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 10:20:31 PM »
You still need a licence for a microcar or a quadracycle (max speed 28mph), but not for mobility scooters and powered wheelechairs with a maximum speed of 8 mph designed for road use - some of these are quite car-like and they do need to be registered. The ones that can only do 4 mph are not allowed on the road and don't have to be registered regardless of what they look like.
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"