Author Topic: Zündapp Janus where to get in UK?  (Read 181 times)

Vegeta

• Just Starting
    • Bank Opening Times
Zündapp Janus where to get in UK?
« on: December 03, 2020, 07:44:36 AM »
Hello!
I am sure you are all familiar with Zündapp Janus. In the mid-1950s, the German motorcycle manufacturer Zündapp also decided to join the ranks of microcar manufacturers. In 1954, the company presented the Zündapp Janus micro-car. The car was 2.8 m long, 1.4 m wide and weighed 425 kg. Under the bonnet there was a single-cylinder engine with a capacity of 247 cm³ and 14 hp, providing a maximum speed of 80 km/h. And my question is....can I buy it anywhere around the UK? I am fine with it being in terrible shape and in need of full restoration. I need a pet project and I want Janus to be it. There is something marvelous about this microcar and it became my obsession. I want one.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Zündapp Janus where to get in UK?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 11:01:27 PM »
I hope you find one. A few in need of full restoration have appeared on Ebay (particularly Ebay's German site) and other places over the years, but they are very few and very far between and there are less than a handful in the UK. This one in the Netherlands is not a project and has been advertised for a while, but might cost you less than trying to find the parts to restore one. https://www.potomacclassics.nl/?page_id=179
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"