Author Topic: The Jarc/ Astra  (Read 2013 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
The Jarc/ Astra
« on: January 15, 2021, 04:25:50 PM »
I have just read an article in the February 2021 issue of The Automobile written by Scott Barrett regarding the Four Lives of the Little Horse. This is part one of the story and contains many facts that are new to me, and hopefully to many of you. Well worth a read

Chris Thomas

LargeMarge

• Just Starting
    • narrow block homes
Re: The Jarc/ Astra
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 12:04:44 PM »
Hi!
I am not familiar with the magazine. Could you please, review what you have read? It doesn't have to be lengthy but I would be very interested to hear what Mr. Barrett had to say. Just go over the most important issues. Also, I would be extremely grateful for a piece of information where I could buy (subscribe) to The Automobile. Thank you!

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 06:09:54 PM »
Hi Marge

I haven't had a chance to read through the article myself yet and a I don't think I've come across Scott Barrett,, but the fact that it's a 2-part article and already in part one has far more words on the car than have every appeared before suggests it either has quite a lot of new material about the development of the car or it's extraordinarily verbose! My experience is that the magazine usually offers high quality photos, but the writing is somewhat varyable, although often covering cars not seen anywhere else. The magazine website is here  http://www.theautomobile.co.uk/february-2021-issue/
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 04:45:24 PM »
Dear All

The second part of the Jarc/ Astra article in "the Automobile" is now out in the March issue. There is a bit of a surprise at the end.

Chris Thomas