Author Topic: Rob Dobie  (Read 2052 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Rob Dobie
« on: January 04, 2021, 09:39:23 AM »
I wonder if anybody can help me regarding Bob Dobie?

Over the weekend the Autumn copy of Rumcar News, that was sent out in mid September, was returned to me in the post, marked - Mr Dobie Deceased.

Has anybody any knowledge about when Rob died, or any other details.

Rob was such a part of the microcar scene, having rescued and renovated many microcars over the years. The last one being the Gordon in the Hammond Collection.

We are seeing the end of an era

Chris Thomas

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Rob Dobie
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 03:37:23 PM »
I've been trying to find out what's happened to Rob too since last summer when I realised he hadn't been in touch with me since February 2020. I tried phoning him in June & the phone just kept ringing & then in October it stated "Number does not exist". Then in December I discovered Zoopla had his house in Polegate listed as having sold last May.

I was hoping he'd just suddenly gone into a nursing home but alas it does seem yet another name has suddenly gone for good.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 03:40:45 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 08:49:06 PM »
Dear Stuart

Good to hear from you on the Forum.
Thank you for the additional information regarding Rob Dobie. The Summer issue of Rumcar News has not yet been returned to me, only the Autumn and Winter issues, which would suggest that he went down hill between mid-June and mid-September. It has taken Royal Mail 4 months to return his mail. Either that or the new home owners, who have only just moved in.
As you say, yet another name gone for good.

Keep safe
Chris Thomas
The Archive of Microcars

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 04:49:04 PM »
Dear Stuart

I have managed to verify that Rob Dobie died back on 2 March 2020. Not Covid Related.

This has posed the question, who else may have silently slipped away?

Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 04:34:53 PM »
Dear All

Another contributor to Rumcar News has passed away. Mike Worthington Williams died on Monday 8 Feb in Hospital (Covid related). His funeral is tomorrow, 19 Feb in Narbeth South-west Wales.

Chris Thomas