Author Topic: Pyrenees Rally cancellation  (Read 3449 times)

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
Pyrenees Rally cancellation
« on: May 31, 2007, 08:23:58 PM »
I've just heard from one of my French contacts who is attending the Manresa rally with his 50cc Simson Duo microcar that Nick & Antje Poll's planned Pyrenees rally has been cancelled due to meteorological conditions.  Might be worth dropping them an email to check but it sounds serious!

Now that the weather is being cited as a reason for cancelling important events like microcar rallies, it's time to sit up and take notice of climate change...

Just back from the Rando Cyclo run in northern France where I fell for the charms of a Peugeot 101 moped and had it brought home.  To balance the collection I have three bikes - a Wisp, an Ariel 3 and a Moto Graziella (sorry, Bob!) - for sale from 2100 tonight on eBay.

Amities a tous
Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

witney44

Re: Pyrenees Rally cancellation
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 08:32:18 PM »
Don't worry about the Cheeky Boy going. I've just sold my Bantam, Norman Cyclemaster and a 1930s loop frame bicycle. Oh, and my Griffon. You must be like me. NEED THE ROOM! and the money is useful to buy even more junk.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 08:35:01 PM by witney44 »

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 05:03:22 PM »
well crud, that is bad news, I was hoping to see how this one went so I could plan on doing the Rally in 2009.
I suppose it is too early to check the weather for 2009.....

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 11:07:40 PM »
One bike down, two to go!  I'll have to amend my profile if I can remember how to do it now that my computer wizard is away at University.  Bloody kids, never there when you need them!

Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 08:29:57 AM »
Hot off the Press - Nick & Antje's rally is back on so you can all combine it with
Manresa if you're heading that way!

Lucky sods, some of us will have our noses to the grindstone...

Bises a tous
Nick D.