Author Topic: How to post pictures!  (Read 130342 times)

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: How to post pictures!
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 10:14:48 PM »
I hope that is not a naughty broke down Frisky that has just been restored on the back of a blood wagon? Deserve a bit of luck after the Comtesse hassle.

http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1056902

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 10:17:24 PM »
ah-ha !!( very alan partridge )
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 10:34:51 PM »
Ooo-Arr !! ( very Scoff Cruddle )

Welll Marrk! 'Spite it being the wrong carr followed by the wrong owner, I were only just wrong, 'enhem? Now back to Froggun. ( Only Root and about 1% of the rest will understand that probably).
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2013, 02:29:44 AM »
I don't know anything of an Alan Partridge or Scott Cruddle, but Jim has hit it spot on.
As well he should as he video documented the entire event.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2013, 02:49:34 AM »
As well he should as he video documented the entire event.

???  since when?  where is this video document of the event?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2013, 07:20:43 AM »
Your sure you did not auction it off at the end to the guy with dark glasses by the door winning it? Worth thousands.
Anyway despite that and Scoff I think we get the picture, as it were. This new laptop jobbie I have will just take a camera chip and deal with it. No more wires and pocking and prodding. Finally we are reaching machines that are somewhat integrated and it makes life a whole lot simpler. Not only simpler but with better capacity and imaging. For all the hype it took a long time to get there though and now I ought to have a new camera! For those in Britain I can recommend Morgan for really good bargain computer stuff ( a lot of it from America as it has their keyboard layout, I chose UK layout ). Bit like Richer Sounds are for Hi Fi stuff.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2013, 10:30:42 AM »
still unsure did steve buy the car , or just catch it up on the highway as i suspect ?  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2013, 05:12:13 PM »
I caught up to it on the freeway while it was on its way to my house last Saturday, after purchasing it from the highest bidder at the Bruce Wiener auction.
Jim- apologies for my assumption.  Please enlighten me as to what was the purpose that you were serving by diligently manning a post behind what appeared to be a tripod mounted video camera during a large portion of the auction.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2013, 09:33:25 PM »
Please enlighten me as to what was the purpose that you were serving by diligently manning a post behind what appeared to be a tripod mounted video camera during a large portion of the auction.

You are confusing me with someone else.  I had no tripod or video camera.
That is about all the enlightenment I can provide.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2013, 01:12:27 AM »
Was it Jim helping to provide the by the lot feed to the watchers? I forget. Anyway that worked well. A video of the entire proceedings is perhaps beyond the call of duty but then so is watching over an hour of Milk Float clips and I do not recall that stopping us. We need to track down this Tripod fancier now or there will be unrest in the ranks, I fear.
Nice buy Steven, must be a story as to why it moved on so quick after the auction.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2013, 06:18:57 AM »
Al may have gotten it right this time.  Perhaps Jim just happened to be standing behind a tripod mounted camera while arranging for the feed.
Auction companies typically video record the entire auction to memorialize the biddng process in case of a contested outcome.
With something like 9 million dollars changing hands, the need for such is obvious.
It might not be proper to reveal too many details, but at least I can say that after sweating it out the last four months, the high bidder proved to be both sympathetic to my passion for the car and a man of his word.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2013, 08:55:09 AM »
Not a politician then.

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2014, 09:53:07 PM »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/118338196@N06/12683002205/lightbox/ is this the correct way to post pictures ?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2014, 10:25:42 PM »
well thats a link to a picture - not very convenient though . i think i would save that to my computer and then post it from my pictures wouldn't I ? 

yep that worked then when i click on the pic itself it enlarges a bit , or better still if i click on it's title it is bigger still and i can blow it up more AND MORE - notice my dinosaur terms

and by the way steve you can post pics anyway you like of course , but i just thought you might prefer to do what everyone else does  :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:33:03 PM by richard »

Peel replica, Steve Fisk

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2014, 10:33:34 PM »
I doesn't seem I can do that on the iPad unless I'm being really stupid ?