Author Topic: Peel trident on Ebay  (Read 17097 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster
Peel trident on Ebay
« on: April 17, 2006, 11:49:55 AM »
Have you seen the Peel on Ebay a 1965 original  £15,000 it'll be interesting to see how much it actualy realizes.

Item number: 4631964067

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Peel trident on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 04:58:06 PM »
 Hows about a Harding Consort in the rarity stakes??? (Tis my aim to mention invalid carriages anywhere, anytime!)

Mind you, one of Andy Carter's replica Trident's wouldn't be much cheaper than that one on eBay. I asked Andy at the Peel Rally how much he charged, and the answer was £8,000 for a bare shell, up to £18,000 on the road!!!! I think I'll make do with 800 £100 Argson Electric's for the time being....

So then, Sir Bob of Dobie, get many Easter Eggs then???....

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 07:20:33 PM »
8 grand for a shell?  No way. I thought it was 1800 for the door and tub. 500 for a dome. 
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Dan Rodd

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 06:18:11 PM »
Well said Robadob,55 you say,any interesting jems amongst them?

I think that youll find that where money is involved,the less friendly the people are,a quick look at the cars listed under the other bobs message speaks for itself.

Dan
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 06:20:06 PM by Dan Rodd »

darrg

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 07:41:47 PM »
Now then, folks, let's keep it friendly or I shall have to slap some wrists  ;)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 10:30:01 PM »
One thing I know about Stuart is that he has a good sense of humour.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 05:12:35 PM »
Have I missed something or are some bits missing around here? Bobbybubble is apoligising for something but I can't see what. Personally I reckon some poeple only come on this forum to see whos having a slanging match with the ICR next! Carry on everybody, it's great publicity!!!

How is the Inter these days Bob P.? I understand Tony has a peice lying on file about it. Presumibly yours had/has the folding front wheels? Any chance of you trotting it out somewhere one day, I've never actully seen one except pictures of Bruce Weiner's - and that was your previus one!

Oh yes, before I forget. You s

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 05:18:38 PM »
Oops. Interupted there I was. Theres 10 terminals at the libuary & I had move across from number 8 to number 9. Anyway on whith what I was saying...

Bob P. You said a while back that you once had an AC Acedes. Can you rember its registration number & do you have any photos around??

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 05:31:51 PM »
And another one.

P50; You don't happon to actully be Andy Carter do you? I'm sure those are the prices he told me, but then with only one ear that works I've probibly got it wrong.

By the way everyone, that Trident on eBay is now at £30,250, and its STILL "Reserve Not Met"!!!! Just how can a totally unusable lump of fibreglass & perspex justify that sort of money?! No wonder the bulk of the microcar world is totally out of reach to all but the elite few with money. I've had over 40 vehicles (Mostly boring) since the age of 18, (A period of seven years in case anyones wondering.-I'm only 25 you know!) and I've not even came close to having spent that much money on all of them put together.

Dan Rodd

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 05:47:39 PM »
Yes he deleted his message extracting the urine out of you and the cars.

robadob

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 08:32:30 PM »
  Hello Stuart,
 I answered the message  because it got me going. I was fuming here. Had to take a Pimms to calm myself down,don't you know. Took mine off later.
 Have aquired 55 carriage manuals. Will let you know what when I've sorted them.  I thought you and Dan had clubbed together to get that Trident !!!
Sir Bob.
 PS. It just sold for £35,098.00p† WOW, Pay Pal will be happy with their rake-off.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 08:58:03 PM by robadob »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 10:48:07 AM »
Hello Stuart. Sorry about all the mystery, I left a posting on the forum about the your inquiry as to the price of a replica trident, my intention was to have a joke with you about it but it came out a bit wrong and the others didnt see the funny side, im very friendly really, it only goes wrong when I put finger to keyboard! I will let you into a secret, a while back I was encouraged to be a little contrivertal on the forum by the powers that be to try to get a few more members contributing, no more, im not very good at it and always end up the villain! Anyway, about the AC acedies, I think I have some pictures somewhere, I came across a photo copy of the handbook the other day, its yours along with the photos if you want them. As I remember the car went to an ex garage owner in Surrey who moved to France but I think the AC ended up in the US [not  Bruces collection]. The Inter is progressing very slowly mainly because I keep running out of money! You see I started off with a shell and a few bits thrown inside so im having to make a lot of the parts myself, fortunatly other Inter owners have been prepared to loan me parts to copy exactly but you can imagine how long all this takes.I was hopeing to finish it this year but I cant see it happening now. Stuart, I dont know where you live but you are more than welcome to come to Hornchurch and have a look any time, just drop me an email on bobbybubble@ntlworld.com and that goes for anyone else who uses the forum ,if the other Bob wants to come over Ive got a bottle of Pimms at the ready! What about the price of the Trident ah? Do you think it really sold? I noticed that there were some crazy bidds that were withdrawn, what does it all mean? Best wishes Bob

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 05:30:02 PM »
 Right then, where to start? I've only got half an hour of time and I type with one finger 'cus the others dont work on this hand so if I get cut off mid-stream you know whats happoned....

To both Bobs; Stuarts resthome for old conveyance emphorier (as in bits of paper) is open and willing to recive anything anyone cares to throw at it (As in EVERYTHING!) (Actully, Bob D, I'll give you a buzz on that thelephone thing later on tonight methinks)

To both Bobs (again). Sounds good to me all us three meeting up somewhere sometime. I'm in Witney, 16 miles westish of Oxford, Bob D is in Polegate and Bob P is in Hornchurch which I dont have a clue where it is. What shall we do? meet at my place and be surronded by invalid carriages. Meet at Plolegate and be dragged into doing up the Gordon, or Ditto at the other place and Ditto with the Inter??? Failing that, Jeans open day 3 or the Natanal anyone?

I dont mind you being in the pay of the poweres that be to be contravisal. The ICR trys to be all the time! But as you can see, the ICR can give as good as it gets....

Bob P. If you want to send those items through the post or something, I'm sure I can dig up something nice for you in retutn. Thank you very much. By the way, I think your old Acedes may be the one in the hands of an AC collecter in USA, once I know the number I'll let you know....

My time is up. Toodle pip eveyone for now. ;D

robadob

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 06:42:03 PM »
 Stuart and Bob P.
 Hope to see you at Jean's Farm Open Day on Sunday 30th. July. Let's hope that even more Members will arrive this year. I'm sure Jean and Family will be pleased to meet you all.
 Bob D.  ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 09:53:25 PM »
Yes Im looking forward to the open day. Stuart, Ive found the ac pictures and the registration number is PPC 874E, is that the one in the ac car collection? I have popped the pics and the photocopy hand book in the post to you, I dont need anything in return unless you have discovered a rare  unknown piece of Inter advertising lituriture!    Bye for now.