Author Topic: Peel trident on Ebay  (Read 17182 times)

P50

• Prolific Poster
Re: Peel trident on Ebay
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2006, 01:20:38 PM »
Stuart,

No I'm not Andy Carter!  He's Peelnut on ebay etc.

But I have a Peel!
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2006, 04:54:15 PM »
 Back again!

to Bob P. Hummm, I dont know that number! Very many thanks to you.

To P50. Ok, not Andy Carter then. Errrmmmm... Perry Olds by any chance?? You have a P50 so that narrows the guessing game a little.

(whoed have thought one could have so much fun on this here forum, Stand up rows and "guess the Peel person" games.)

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2006, 04:57:24 PM »
I notice Andy Carter's got his Peel version up on ebay Item number: 4634868538  Â£9,000 on the road. Personaly I'm against the production of replicas, I like that some cars are unattainable for me this is what collecting is about.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2006, 06:01:10 PM »
Hang on Stuart, I know Sir Bob of Dobie actually did a postal round in his P50 once way back in the 70's but Malcolm and Sheila Thomas drove their Trident to the Dutch Rally from Surrey in 1987 (See RumCar News 15- unfortunately now out of print!) Two up in a Trident   plus all their camping gear etc. and no back up car is no mean feat.Prior to that Edwin had driven his P50 on a shortened Rally course in the Harts Mountains during a Story Rally in the early 80's and even more famously Malcolcolm Goldsworthy drove his P50 from Farningham in Kent to the Burford Rally and back home again, again with no back up car.  I do agree though its a bit risky in todays traffic.
I don't rule out replicas so long as they are suitably marked and documented so that they cannot be taken for the real thing in years to come.  After all it is said that" imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!"
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

robadob

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2006, 09:05:01 PM »
Hey, I say chaps, what's all this Sir Bob of Dobie stuff. I have never been near the Queen, I can't kneel and I really don't want that big sword near my neck. Thank you very much. I was crowned once though. A large case with 30 odd postbox keys in it fell off the sorting office wall onto my head. That was over 40 years ago. Just think, if it happened now I could have claimed compensation money and put in the winning bid for that Trident !!!
The P50 that Malcolm Goldsworthy drove to Burford was mine two weeks before the epic journey. For nine months it was my only transport and I went for miles in it. Delivering mail, most irregular in those days. I also remember carrying two large wallpaper sample books, one behind the seat, the other on my lap. I could get a speed of 40mph out of it. Tony Marshall can vouch for me there I think because he followed me into Eastbourne with various people in Microcars to view my collection in 1976.
I have also used a Bond C, AC Petite,Reliant Mk 6 and many other vehicles whilst doing the rounds. Happy Days.
I can't wait to get the Flippers on the road. That will slow everything up. They only have a top speed of 28mph. I think Stuart's carriages are faster than that !
Bob D. ;D

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2006, 09:18:24 PM »
Indeed I am Perry!  If I can get my engine sorted I aim to drive my P50 around London one day with perhaps someone filming me.

Up the Kings Road for a laugh!  Just need to locate an engine from the Fatherland to tear down and nick the crank and perhaps the barrel. My big ends noisy and I'm not sure I have a 4.2PS piston.  Much easier to locate a DKW lump than an original Peel chassis plate and I.D... ooh err missus!   
-Benvenuto Cellini

robadob

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2006, 09:56:37 PM »
Big end noisy ? Better see a doctor !  Oh sorry, it's the Peel's.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 05:03:22 PM »
 To P50, count me in if your plans get off the ground, I wanna see that!

To Jean, oh yes, I forgot about those escapades, mind you, I wasnt even born when Sir Bob sold his two peels and only five when the Thomas' went to Holland.

To Sir Bob, ref "Sir Bob". That is something you will always be wondering about.... As I've said before, hurry up with those memiors!

A flipper farster/slower than one of my converances? Well, my Argson will do about 8mph if your lucky, whilst the Harding, if only it would pull (no, not girls, I'll have you know its very well behaved!) would, without trace of exageration, easily do 50-odd. In first gear! And its got a three-speed box!!!

Mind you, Invacar Ltd co-founder, Derry Preston-Cobb's everyday vehicle between 1950 & 1969ish was an Invacar New Era wheelaboud latterly fitted with the prototype Greeves Chalenger scrambles enginge which was comparitable in performance to the old Villiers Starmaker lump. That New Era was, by all accounts, good for 80-90mph....

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2006, 10:01:03 PM »
Stuart,

I went went to my fathers this eve. The Peels's in the corner of the garage. In slumber. Soon as I get the engine i'll crack on. Everything else's fine. Mind you there's little else on the things..

Watch this space..

However I'll be taking it to a couple of micro shows this year to display static.  It does run but it's noisy and I have mechanical sympathy..
l     
-Benvenuto Cellini