Author Topic: Open Day at the Farm, 29 July 2007  (Read 10885 times)

darrg

Open Day at the Farm, 29 July 2007
« on: June 21, 2007, 11:58:49 AM »
"An informal gathering of microcar enthusiasts. Come to view the Hammond Collection, show off your own car and talk to like-minded people. The day starts at 10am and lasts as long as you like. There is a limited amount of very basic overnight camping available. Tea, coffee and cold drinks will be available as well as DIY BBQ facilities."

Contact Jean for more info, jeanrumcars [at] aol.com

inacoma

Re: Open Day at the Farm, 29 July 2007
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 08:14:55 AM »
Hi

I will be bringing the 2 Acomas to the open day, to meet up with Stuart, and his Mini Comtesse.

Would anyone like a lift from the Bournemouth area, or picking up on the way.

How about you Rob ?

P.S. hope the weather is better than recently

See you all soon

John

witney44

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »
Hi John,
Thanks for the offer but I hope to bring some of my own stuff.
Do you remember the way?
Rob.

inacoma

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 10:03:10 PM »
Hi Rob

I should be O.K. getting there,  (with a bit of luck)

See you there then, so long as it's not pouring down.

John

witney44

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 03:46:42 PM »
Hello Lads & Lasses,
As Stuart is offering goes in his car at School House Farm, I will bring my Mikro-bike for any one who can bend their knees behind their head to ride. Rob.

It's the small one you have to ride!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 04:21:52 PM by witney44 »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 05:00:31 PM »
That's even smaller than my folding Daewoo, but I have ridden one of them. Mind you, I am not the largest man around! Sinclair now do a nice looking folding micro bike. hope to be at farm, but have a gig at Whitstable bay Festival on the Saturday, may be in van not Trojan. Does a high-top extra long wheel base count as a microcar?
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 10:43:42 AM »
An additional attraction at Headcorn on Saturday 28th July is the HEADCORN FLYING PROMS. see www.flyingproms.co.uk for further information
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 04:43:49 PM »
No we are not flooded and unless things change dramatically I look forward to seeing you all on Sunday with or without your cars.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 04:58:07 PM »
Despite my earlier bold statements that my Mini-Comtesse would be at the Open Day come hell or high water (literally!), alas even the best laid plans go awry in the face of a Boss who suddenly announced at 2.30pm today (Friday) that, No, we could not borrow the works van for the weekend, depite the fact that the arrangements have been in place since February!

Therefore, the Mini-Comtesse will NOT be at the Open Day (nor even the Natinoal now). My apoligies to everyone who wanted to see it, and to those who particlarly wanted to see the three Comtesse's together for the first time ever in the UK. As a result of this, I am seriusly concidering handing in my notice at work on Monday.

Dry your tears though, I'm still coming to the Open Day! By foot now, so even with no Mini-Comtesse showing, you'll still have Stuart Cyphus to look at!!!!!!!!!!!!1    ;D  ;D  ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 10:33:14 PM »
Has anyone got any pictures of me riding Tony's Roma at the Open Day? My next Register Page shall be making mention of this vehicle and the aforementioned picture would set it off just nice......   Many ta's everyone.  :-*