Author Topic: tuk tuk  (Read 3365 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
tuk tuk
« on: June 25, 2007, 07:05:28 PM »
Sunday 24/6, about noon. Returning from a fantastic gig at Teignmouth Festival, going the wrong way along the A 380 near Telegraph Hill ( I think), what is that on the other side of the road where I should be? A pink tuk tuk, and from the fleeting glance I got, it looked like the fellow driving was fetchingly attired in matching pink. Is anyone going to own up to this?! Well it brought a smile to the faces of us weary entertainers!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
Re: tuk tuk
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 08:24:34 PM »
You won't get a cough out of me for this one - I was on the way back from a soaking at Bromley Pageant
having sneaked the camper into the classic commercial section.  Well, it's nearer the autojumble and the
toilets.  My knees and bladder aren't what they were.

I picked up three tips while I was there.  At our age:
1.  Never pass up on a chance to use the toilet
2.  Never waste an erection
3.  Never trust a fart

I hope the Moderator will sympathise and allow these pearls of wisdom onto the Forum...

Amities a tous
Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 08:04:13 PM »
Hello Nick, I did not think it was you...Keith Clarke, maybe? On way back from Teignmouth at 3-4pm spotted several old cars on M25, and guessed that Bromley had been wet and people were leaving early, Mike Shepherd confirmed this to me today. Normally I go to Bromley, but work has to take precedence. Your age-related comments reminded of me what befell one of my Fezhead colleagues, but the Forum is perhaps not to recount this, remind me at the RUM open day, if you like a good laugh!

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 08:04:52 AM »
2.  Never waste an erection ??

Come again? (kindly excuse the pun)
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 03:04:25 PM »
2.  Never waste an erection ??

Chance would be a fine thing!  ( ::) All right, I'm going, before darraq smacks our wrist's for naughtyness.....)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 01:04:38 PM »
OK Tuk Tuk fans, I was watching Around the world in 80 treasures on BBC, (this also comes up on uktv history sometimes). Dan Cruickshank travels around showing great places and structures. In Indonesia, I think Java, we see him in, well gosh, well golly, a really jolly, well gosh, a most, gosh, extraordinary Tuk Tuk (enough D.C. talk, Ed.)
Nick and Keith Clarke will lonve this, it has the REAR end of a small motorcyle...i.e saddle, driver, engine and back wheel. In front is a tiny box, like a wendy house, just big enough for D.C., with an open front door. At one point one of the front wheels gets stuck on a stone which the driver could not see. This contraption is utterly ridiculous, but gosh it's great!