Author Topic: Mini Comtesse France  (Read 39774 times)

witney44

Re: Mini Comtesse France
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 11:12:11 AM »
Hello Bob P.,
It is or was a 1962 Mk 6. I bought it in 1968 from Two Strokes. Originally in pale lemon and a few scrapes I hand painted it with the best brushes and expensive coach enamel I could find in the duo blue you see. Yes, it had the 750cc side valve engine, based on the Austin Seven one. The photo is a bit foggy as I used an old box camera to take the picture.
Rob D.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 11:25:24 AM by witney44 »

witney44

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 11:29:05 AM »
A 1954 Bond Mk C that I restored in 1964. On the Downs overlooking Eastbourne.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 11:31:03 AM by witney44 »

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 12:03:21 PM »
I have to go along with Stuart, Bob P and Rob D. 'cuscus47@yahoo.com', '12.210.134.97', 1, 0, NULL, 'I have to go along with Stuart, Bob P and Rob D.  Three wheelers are very stable, feel different than four on the corners, but in my experience never even felt like any wheels lifting.  I have a Model 70 with the handle bar steering, and that's different, but feels sure-footed. It does 'figure of eights' like a skater. Also a few Regals with never a shimmy, and a Super Robin that takes off like a rocket and turns even quicker and holds the road, tar, stone or dirt, just like a mountain goat. Maybe the suspension configuration on Dan's is not correct, or even the tyres.  Maybe he is observing Milton Friedman's theory of Rational Expectations. simply paradigmed, "that if an event is expected, then that may influence the end result".  He expects a wheel lift, and so he believes that it happens.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Dan Rodd

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 11:39:29 PM »
im just adding to a balanced argument,i do however find the cars perfectly stable under normal conditions,i drove my regal up the m5,m42 and a5 to tamworth to a reliant do today and the only real complaint was the noise and occasional blowing around due to sidewinds.

Denis

• Occasional
    • http://www.microcarfan.com
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 09:09:57 AM »
Hi all,
Here is difference between Minicomtesse and her sister Cyclo 49. (20 centimetres in width).
In side of this one, a half place is planned for a child, or your girl friend if you are very in love !

inacoma

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2007, 09:22:04 AM »
Hi Denis

How are you?

I have been working on my Acoma Super Comtesse today, to get it looking a bit better to take to Jeans open day later this month.

I have not had time to do anything to the Comtesse break yet.

I am meeting Stuart at the open day so we will have 3 different Acomas together in the U.K. I think this is the first time.

Let me know if you find any of the other Acoma models. I am still interested in finding any spare parts for Acomas.

Best wishes to Mrs.

John

XX

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2007, 10:05:59 AM »
Hi Denis, love the comparison though I'm not sure which I prefer, the Cyclo's proportions seem a little odd against the Comtesse.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 11:20:00 AM by blob »

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 02:30:24 PM »
Hello Denis, nice to have you back! Many thanks for the Cyclo details. I notice though that the Cyclo picture I put up earlier seems to be the same width as a standard Mini-Comtesse, whereas your Cyclo pics show the differances in width of that one. Therefore did they make two versions of the Cyclo, narrow single-seater & wide two-seater?

For all the fans out there reading this, here is yet another version of the basic Comtesse idea; the Cedre 600 W. (photo below, curtesy of Nick Devonport)

I know absulutly nothing about these, except that they are electrically powered!

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 05:34:27 PM »
Hi mates,
 just back from Holland to buy a mini comtesse, and i got 2 of them! So what i need is help.
Unfortunately, there is only 1 headlight rim for both of the cars. So i do need one for the good car to drive it on the road.
Is there anybody who's able to help with a rim??
Probably the unrestored will be for sale. Its nearly complete - good engine but work to do.
Hopefully i get some help with the rim,
Ferdi

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 05:57:44 PM »
Hello Ferdi. Congratulations and welcome to the Acoma Owners Club.  :-*  You don't hang about do you, it took me thirteen years to get mine and you turn up two at once!!   :o  ;D

Not sure what else uses these headlight rims, but I'll make enquerys. There can't be much that uses five & a half inch lights out there. How about one of your P50s?  Some questions from us now;  does yours have Saxonette or Motobecane engines and what are the chassis numbers? Mine is 6066.....   By the way, the chassis plate will also have 4/4/75 on it. This is NOT the date of manufacture. As far as I can work out, it's either something to do with the address of the Acoma factory, or their telephone number.  Can you enlighten us Denis?!

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2007, 06:44:39 PM »
Hi Stuart,
 the chassis number from the good car is 6553, and the unrestored one is 6402. Both have 8/4/75 on their plates.
Both cars are fitted with dynastart sachs/sachsonette engines. Fortunatelly the better ones.
Still hope someone can help out with this rim, mates.
Cheers
Ferdi

inacoma

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 07:55:09 PM »
Hi Ferdi

I have a spare rim for the Comtesse.

Email me your address and I can send it to you, it's not 100% and has a few rust spots, but would do you for now.

I don't want anything for it, but bear me in mind if you get any spares or  info about Acomas.

Welcome to the loony Acoma owners club.

All the best

John

inacoma

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2007, 07:58:59 PM »
Hi

The lights on the Cedre 600's look like they have been added on afterwards, but they are the same on both in the pictures, either very odd styling or they couldn't get the originals any more ?

Great pic. though.

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007, 08:12:40 PM »
Hi inacoma,
tx for your fast help.
My adress is:
Ferdi Tillmanns
Hochstrasse 48
47877 Willich
Germany
Surely i will bear you in mind about the acomas.
Anyway, im proud to be member of the loony acoma club now.
The world is going mad, i reckon mates  ;D ;D ;D
Regards
Ferdi

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 03:18:40 PM »
We don't mind the world going mad, just as long as it also goes by Mini-Comtesse!!!!

Oops, I made a mistake in my last post. :-[  My chassis plate also reads 8/4/75 like Ferdi's, NOT 4/4/75.  I belive my Comtesse to be 1973 as I once read somewhere that all 1973 cars had round indecator lenses, and from 1974 onwards, oblong lenses were fitted.  Production ran from 1972 to 1979 & if it is ture that some 30,000 were built in total, my maths makes that around 4,500 produced per year. (remeber also, the first chassis number was 300) then mine (6066) is perhaps late 1973, & Ferdi's (6402 & 6553) are perhaps early 1974?   ???  Anyone else have anything to say on the matter?........