Author Topic: A GOOD WIFE IS WORTH HER WEIGHT IN GOLD!  (Read 2732 times)

witney44

A GOOD WIFE IS WORTH HER WEIGHT IN GOLD!
« on: July 15, 2007, 11:12:34 PM »
Hi Guys, I know it's not a micro but it does have only three wheels!;D  Don't they look happy?

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: A GOOD WIFE IS WORTH HER WEIGHT IN GOLD!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 06:36:20 PM »
 You know Bob, I've been looking at this picture for the past two days and I still can't fathom just how they're keeping that hub in the air! Tractors have a centre-pivited front axle deliberatly to keep all four wheels on the floor in just the way this isn't!!!!!!

And this brings me neatly to a vehicle I've been wanting to show everybody ever since Tony wouldn't let me feature it on my Tenth Annivesery Register Page; I present, for your viewing, the 1961 wheelchair-access Fordson Dexta. Just when you think you've seen it all as regards to some of the vehicles they converted for disabled use in the 1960s, along comes this!

Oh yes folks, it's real. And it worked. And guess what; It still exists today and I know where it is......

(Should this thing generate enough interest here, I shall post the complete article on it that I wrote for Tony, for you all to read.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 06:51:37 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

inacoma

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 07:57:18 PM »
Hi

I reccon that as soon as his wife jumps off the tractor nose dives.

Probably she has to stay there from April till September whilst the farm is busy.

????????

John

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 04:54:38 PM »
This reminds me of a gentle giant Crotian girl I used to know. We all figured that before moving to UK she had worked at People's Tractor Factory Number 17, where it had been her job to pick up new tractors off the production line, then stack them on the shelf to await despatch.
That single front wheel does seem to be leaning and under a fair bit of stress, mind you, being Russian it could go on like that for decades.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face