Author Topic: 1954 Harding in Holland  (Read 3689 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
1954 Harding in Holland
« on: July 19, 2007, 04:02:33 PM »
 Now reluctantly for sale by its Dutch owner, is this 1954 Harding De Luxe as featured on page seven of my "An Introduction to Invalid Carriages" book.  This vehicle spent its early life in Yorkshire before going to the Nederlands about six years ago. It has been restored, including brand-new (& expencive) seat. Owner no longer has space to store it and would rather let it go than let it rot under a sheet in the garden! 

Once again I state; VEHICLE IS LOCATED IN THE NETHERLANDS!

Interested persons should contact the owner, Ivo van Hinsberg, direct. email;  zig-zag@home.nl   He writes very good English so will understand you.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:12:18 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: 1954 Harding in Holland
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 04:21:28 PM »
That's a great looking machine Stuart, only what's the vehicle in front of the Volvo Amazon?

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: 1954 Harding in Holland
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 04:50:44 PM »
Congratulations Blob, I wondered how long it would be before someone noticed that thing!

I asked Ivo that very same question only a few weeks ago and he told me that it is a local-Dutch-built Gazele Apollo carier, and one of two that he owns.  Factury-standard, they are powered by a 50cc Minarelli engine with 3-speed hand-change gearbox, but this particular one has been fitted with a 70cc Zundap engine with 5-speed foot-change gearbox.

What do you reckon to it then Triporteur?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:52:27 PM by Stuart Cyphus »