Author Topic: Rumfarm openday 2007  (Read 6447 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Rumfarm openday 2007
« on: July 29, 2007, 05:36:37 PM »
I have just returned from Hawkenbury in the schmitt and would like to be the first to thank Jean and the family for another most enjoyable day out. The weather was fine and the company was good! I just hope that a small incedent with a light fingered someone who is clearly not "one of us" has not put Jean off from holding the same event next year. We, the Rum crowd love it and look forward to it all year long! Thanks again Jean and also thanks Nick for letting me have a go in your Ligier!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 08:59:27 AM by bobbybubble »

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
Re: Rumfarm openday 2007
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 06:04:27 PM »
Well said that man!  Another great day at the farm, nice to see such a good turnout and some great
visiting cars but disappointing about the theft from the book stall.  Sorry that Stuart couldn't bring
the Mini Comtesse but good to see his fabulousness once again.

Now, about the cars.  Car, actually.  Mine to be precise.  It runs, as you all know, and several people
had a ride up the lane in it.  It's not over-endowed with power but it's a cute little machine that
could possibly do with a bit of tlc - crank seals were mentioned as it lost a bit of power when warmed up.
It's only a Mobylette engine so it won't be that difficult a job.

Where's all this going?  Well, I've decided to let it go to a good home to make way for the Fun Tech
which might or might not be joining the Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics.  Offers around £450
are invited - I'm not making a huge profit over the purchase price and repatriation costs but I'm keen to
see it go to an appreciative home.

I'm on 07833 623630 if anyone wants a chat about it and my email address is nick_devonport@hotmail.com,
otherwise it can take its' chances on eVilbay for a ten day listing starting on Thursday night.

A la prochaine
Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

BlueTiger

• Just Starting
    • Mod'd Reliant's
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 09:32:15 PM »
Also thanks from here to all Jean and all those who made this day great, I will upload some pics and a few vids of the Bond going round and round  ;D
Thanks for everyone for making us feel welcome  8)

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 10:18:18 PM »
Im gratefull everybody like Jean's open day. Its sad im living so far off, aint able to be attend.
All the best !

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 10:39:32 PM »
I too had a thoroughly enjoyable day and had the privilege of getting a ride in Nick

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 12:50:45 PM »
Thank you so much everybody for all your compliments and also to those who have sent me emails, I too enjoyed the day very much and love putting faces to these funny names on the Forum ! I hope with the help of my family and "the Friends of the Collection" (they are the ones that do all the hard work, I just enjoy chatting) we will have a 2008 event.  It was such a shame about the book incident, particularly as one of the books involved was on sale by its author Jan de Lange who was our very first foreign visitor  , who had brought the books over at my request.  Which as you can understand makes it all the more embarressing for me.  So much against the grain next year there will have to be much more supervision which I feel is insulting towards all of you  who I like to count as friends to be treated as such.  Hey ho water under the bridge, I suppose it is the sign of the times when with too much publicity you never know who may drop in !
By the way Ferdie, I know you live a long way away but I understand you do have connections with Ewell which is quite near us  so if you have time you can drop in for a visit any time, just give me a ring.
Thank you all once again for coming, I am glad you had a good day.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 01:09:08 PM »
Hi Jean,
Yes, but my relationship with the woman in Ewell is over now. All the time i have been over there, i planned to drop in, and see the farm. Due to the fact she hates microcars, i did never turn up ever. Anyway, now im engaged more  with the cars again.
Thanks god i didn't listen to her, selling the cars !
Its high time to visit a microcar event again. I suppose to go to the dutch rally this year, unless my job let me go.
All the best
Ferdi

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 06:53:09 PM »
By the way if any of you have any pics of the Open Day I would love to see them, I was too busy yapping!!!Jean
Jean

BlueTiger

• Just Starting
    • Mod'd Reliant's
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 09:57:54 PM »
By the way if any of you have any pics of the Open Day I would love to see them, I was too busy yapping!!!Jean

Hi Jean, heres all the pics that I got on 5 slideshows, also there is a video of the Bond Minicar going round in circles :o

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 10:05:51 PM »
but good to see his fabulousness once again.

Naturally I thought he was talking about Bob Dobie!

inacoma

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 07:17:00 PM »
Great pictures of the open day

I wish I had been able to make it

John

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 09:52:02 AM »
Thank you for the pics Blue Tiger, especially ones of the visiting cars.  Did anyone get any pics of the tiny bike being ridden or the little electric vehicle that Tony bought?
Jean