Author Topic: new Micro  (Read 7078 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
new Micro
« on: May 09, 2006, 04:15:25 PM »
Last week I spotted a single seater micro driving along Southwark Park road, near my workshop. It looked like a quad bike chassis with a small curvy body on it of similar shape to the Heinkel/trojan body, but even more like an Alien space pod! It said PREMIER in red on a blue body. I doubt that the Premier Drum Company of Leicester would be driving a promo car through SE1, so I reluctantly have to admit it is more likely to be promoting Premier Wine Warehouse. Wait a sec, I like wine as well as drums, so it's good news either way! I guess the body may be detachable for Summer use. A fellow at the bike shop in my yard says he knows of 2 things like this of 50cc and 500cc. It is JUST the sort of thing we need to see more of in London instaed of all those space- gobbling Executive barges and 4wds. I and others have been trying to persuade Transport for London to encourage small cars - and cycling - but they are totally incapable of recognising a good idea, or if they ever do see a good idea they spend all their money on billions of pamphlts, studies, guides, proposals, reports etc. and now, to waste even more money, useless and mis-leading TV and radio ads. Grumble mumble! I have seen a growing number of new micros of various makes in use, as usual the public is way ahead of the bureaucrats and politicians.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

MikeBoxwell

• G-Wiz owner
  • Just Starting
    • G-Wiz Owners Club
Re: new Micro
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »
Would it be a Q-POD that you saw?  A true modern-day microcar if there ever was one.

http://www.uniquemotorcompany.co.uk/

qdos

• Just Starting
  • I've always been keen on cars having built my own
    • Qdos Cars
Re: new Micro
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 08:46:23 AM »
Does sound like a QPod to me, though QPods are 2 seaters. I'd be interested to know what it was. I've had a QPod myself they were great fun. :) We even organised a few events with some other owners a while back. See what we got up to here ;D