Author Topic: Scootacars at the NMCR 2007  (Read 24172 times)

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
Re: Scootacars at the NMCR 2007
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 05:34:29 PM »
Well done Blob and Stuart.  This pale blue Mk1 (formally registered in the UK as WUN128) sadly won't be at this years NMCR but the Mk11 (formally DAT27C) did attend the Madison rally as Jim mentioned earlier.  Both are owned by Scootacar enthusiasts Kerry & Linda Erindson.  The Mk11 is now probably the best example around.  As mentioned, both passed through Alan Hitchcock

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 05:43:50 PM »
I'll find it a bit worrying if we can't usurp the Americans with regard to getting more than five Scoots to the National this year.

Surely there are many more still here? Not to mention distances in the US compared to this crowded isle?

How many actually drive down the road is another question however!! 

N.B.

I understand Stuarts feret has unearthed the white prototype works Mk1 and will be unveiling it on the Sunday.
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 05:54:29 PM »
Will I still be around in 2027? hmmmmm, I think I'll keep you all guessing on my departure date, rather like a certain ex-Prime Minister.....

Mind you, if our editor Tony promises to stay put, I'll stay put too. My current stockpile extends to about the next seven issues or so at least so you're all stuck with me for a while longer.

By the way, shouldn't that Haggis be on a lead? That's a £40 fine round our way.....   ;D

Oh bugger Perry, you've spoilt my suprize for everyone now!  :o  (am I joking? Ask the ferret.....)

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 09:09:24 PM »
The record to beat is 7 ! :o.  The 1979 NMCR had 7 Scootacars present including the Mk4 owned and modifed by Henry Brown.  Henry Brown presented the prizes at the same event.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 09:42:46 PM »
Will we be getting the Mk 4 this year? After that artice a short while back, I'd like to see it........

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 05:31:46 PM »
Many thanks to all the Scootacar owners who made the effort at the weekend ;D.  6 Mk1s and 3 Mk2s, not bad at all and 2 more than the previous record of 28 years ago.  Would any one have believed me if I predicted more Scootacars than Bonds or Berkleys ??.  A very big thank you to Jim and Terry for such a great event, fun was had by all and a good turn out of cars and enthusiasts.

Dan Rodd

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 07:07:36 PM »
i think that the Bonds seem to get fewer every year :'( there are a few pics on the r3w forum of the rally and well sone for so many Scootacars,just a bit miffed i couldnt attend as my Moggie Minor wasnt ready in time.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 07:29:11 PM »
Unfortunatly we couldn't both fit in the Comtesse, could we Daniel.  ;D

witney44

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 07:40:29 PM »
You could have fitted a roof rack HO  HO.  ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 07:58:41 PM »
Just one question about the Scootacar lineup. Who's was the simply geourgus pale blue Mk 1? I fell hopelessly in love with it the moment I saw it......  :-*

(I really need to get out more!)

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 09:48:31 PM »
Are you sure it was the pale blue one and not the darker blue one  ;)

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 10:16:39 PM »
Darker blue one?  ???, Oh, you mean the one owned by the mad Scotsman!  s'OK I supose......  ;D  :-*

Funnily enough, I've just been looking at my photos of the pale blue one again, (I really really do need to get out more!) and I suddenly rembered one of the bubble jumble stalls had a copy of "Balken Roads to Istanbul" for sale. I saw it quite early on and was going to go back & take a closer look with a view to purchasing. Only trouble is, I didn't get a chance to get back to the stall. Therefore, is there anyone who was there who can rember who it was that had it so I can do what I should have done when I first clapped eyes on it?  Many ta's.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:22:24 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 11:58:33 PM »
Prob Mr Boyd who happens to own that pale blue Mk1 you lust after and may have had the book on the Scootacar Register Stall.

Oddly enough the pale blue machine has a remote connection with you Prof Cyphus. It was an invalids machine from new modded with hand controls.

PG is a fine original old girl.  

However Stuart, you have more chance of getting that Mk1 as taking a modest dump in the Queens handbag.    ;)  

Carry on.
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Dan Rodd

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007, 11:29:39 AM »
im fortunate enough to own a copy myself,its funny as you read through it that not one single mention is made of the fact that its a Scootacar,just called a "bubble" or similar!

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 04:45:32 PM »
Prob Mr Boyd who happens to own that pale blue Mk1 you lust after and may have had the book on the Scootacar Register Stall.

Oddly enough the pale blue machine has a remote connection with you Prof Cyphus.  It was an invalids machine from new modded with hand controls.

Many ta's indeed for that P50, I'll make some enquierys.....

That's very interesting that 455 PG was originally a disabled drivers model, as entierly co-incidently, I've been toying with the idea of devoting some or even all of my next Register Page to the disabled application Scootacars including their (admitidly fatal) connection with Mike Hawthorn the racing driver.  What do you say Scootacar fans? Do you want me to go ahead and write it?  As an extra special treat, here's an advert from a 1958 Magic Carpet magazine to get you all in the mood............

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 03:11:58 PM by Stuart Cyphus »