Author Topic: South American microcars  (Read 4466 times)

Alvaro Casal Tatlo

• Just Starting
South American microcars
« on: August 25, 2007, 11:08:54 PM »
I feel a register of South American microcars should be opened. There were a number of makes produced in Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay. For example, I own a Uruguayan Rago. It is one of 12  made in 1967 by brothers Carlos and Waldemar Rago.

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: South American microcars
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 11:26:07 AM »
Why don't you add a photo of your Rago to our photobucket site, I'm sure some of us would be interested in seeing it. Username: rumcars, pass: rumcars, don't forget to logout afterwards though.

witney44

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 11:52:34 AM »
AS you have one of these cars, why don't you start a register for them. You are closest to them. Have you registered your car with Rumcars?  ;D

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 12:28:45 PM »
As we're on the subject of the Rago I just found this link: http://www.geocities.com/autosuruguayos/rago.html the car looks pretty cool, though the text needs translating, also click the arrows and see other miniautos from Uruguay such as the Movo.

witney44

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 03:04:14 PM »
Here's a picture I found in a book.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 08:11:16 PM »
Looks good. Jorge Schneckenberger is a long term Heinkel trojan fan in montevideo, and sumits stuff for the club mag (now somewhat sporadic). I have had some e=mail contact with him. As a young boy I lived in Montevideo for 4 years, and loved it. I loved the DKW/ Auto Union 1000/ Sonderklasse cars which were popular, as were Austin Nash Metropolitans, there were also lots of early 2CVs, Beetles and BMW 501s which I also loved the look of. We had a Hillman Minx convertible and a white Ford Zephyr Convertible. I don't think I ever saw any bubble or micro cars there. Always interesting to hear of unknown cars!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face