Author Topic: hello all.new here!..help needed please!  (Read 6606 times)

lovelybubbly

• Occasional
hello all.new here!..help needed please!
« on: August 30, 2007, 07:21:07 PM »
Hello fellow bubble and micro friends!
have just joined the forum in search of an Isetta..so big hello.. :)
( fancied the schmitt on ebay that Andy Carter was selling but missed the final days of it  :-[ )  

Anyway, i've been checking here for any other websites available in Europe/UK and it seems ebay is the main advertising arena from here on in! I must join isetta club UK i guess but have been looking at Mobile.De thanks to one or two of you who posted previously, i found a nice original looking car but it works out at 10 grand! is that the figure i can expect to pay?? thought 6-8k perhaps.. then today have found one on there thats restored,looks lovely but is 39,900 euro!!!!!..  about 28 grand+ !!!  :o
Well if any of you guys hear of anything i would appreciate it..either restored or original and in great condition rather than a restoration..
Also is it advisable to find a left hand drive car rather than right, i read about stability issues i don't know how much of an issue that is genuinely?!  but i don't mind lhd and i guess there are a few lhd here owned in UK

thanks in advance..kind regards
Brett

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: hello all.new here!..help needed please!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 07:36:17 PM »
Good luck in your search, I think I got in to Micros just in time, and it seems that this year prices have started going ballistic. I doubt i could afford any Trojan now, only 3 years after I bought mine! I have not heard about stability problems in RHD ( other than the limit imposed by the fact of a light weight and 3 wheels. To avoid this problem the UK/RHD ones had a ballast weight added (80 Kg ?) This helps when the driver and engine are both on the same side, but does effect the available performance somewhat.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 07:23:17 PM »
Hi. Yes I used to drive a RHD isetta and it had no stability issues whatsoever. I guess the counterweight would have some effect on performance but only very slight. Have you contacted Dave Tadman [The Bromley Bubble]? I spoke to him a month ago and he knew of several good isettas for sale. Hope you find what you want.    BobP

lovelybubbly

• Occasional
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 11:27:20 PM »
hi Bob,
thanks for your reply..i cant find Dave Tadman in the member lists..anyone have a contact number please?
thanks
Brett

lovelybubbly

• Occasional
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 11:29:54 PM »
Oops..found him on google! will ring tomorrow! cheers anyway..