Author Topic: remains of an invalid carriage  (Read 7378 times)

Triporteur

• Quite Chatty
    • Online Bicycle Museum
remains of an invalid carriage
« on: September 11, 2007, 08:11:24 AM »

Typical of the various 'treasures' to be found as you wander around Netley Marsh or Beaulieu. This would appear to be a very disabled disabled conveyance. Villiers engine. Can't imagine it selling for resto, but obviously good for spares.
Online Bicycle Museum - http://oldbike.eu

Online Cyclemaster Museum - http://Cyclemaster.co.uk

Sales: http://BuyVintage.co.uk

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: remains of an invalid carriage
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 05:09:08 PM »
It's a Trilox Rollsette. Like this one below, dating from about the early 1950s I'd say.

It would indeed need a bit of work, but it's not the worst I've ever seen, nor is it totally beyond hope either. There have been a couple of older, "open" conveyances fully restored from less than this over the years.

Funnily enough, I was informed by two people at the National that a hulk of some sort had been seen at Netley Marsh, and I was wondering how I was going to find out what it was. Many Thanks Triporteur!  :-*  I strongly suspect also, that this is the very same hulk that was spotted in the Great Dorset Steam Rally autojumble at the time of last year's National when I was holding my Gathering of conveyances.....

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 04:58:51 PM »
 Guess what everybody, the Netley Marsh Trilox, as seen at top, has been saved!  :o It now lives in Wiltshire and is NOT going to be broken for parts, in fact work has already commenced on getting it back up & running. Ok, its not going to be restored to as-new factury-standard, (rather the opposite in fact) but then is any old invalid carriage totaly factury-standard by their very nature? (think about it!)

The main thing is, it's safe & well, and I'm in contact with the owner.  ;D

woollen797

• Just Starting
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 05:16:31 PM »
I know this is a long dead topic but anyone know what happened to the restoration of the Trilox at the top of the page?

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 10:23:12 PM »
I've seen a mention of a Trilox invalid carriage at Trowbridge museum (in Wiltshire), but I haven't seen it and I've no idea whether this is the same one that Stuart mentions
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

woollen797

• Just Starting
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 11:03:40 AM »
I've seen a mention of a Trilox invalid carriage at Trowbridge museum (in Wiltshire), but I haven't seen it and I've no idea whether this is the same one that Stuart mentions

Cheers for your reply, it would be nice if it had been restored