Author Topic: Was this Invacar the one previously??  (Read 3016 times)

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

witney44

Re: Was this Invacar the one previously??
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 10:10:04 AM »
Yes, it seems to be the one. Don't know why he calls it an ' Electric' when it has a petrol engine? Stuart, can you enlighten us?  ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Was this Invacar the one previously??
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 09:34:15 PM »
Yes, it's the one from July, the ex-Combe Martin AC Acedes Mk 15 DPD 778J. I had a chat with the seller just after the July auction ended & he was not a happy bunny becuse the high bidder had turned round and said he didn't want the thing after all, in fact he was emigrating! Some folk will do anything to advoid an invalid carriage it seems....

It does actully have "AC (Electric) Invacar" down on the V5 as its make. I know who it was who reclaimed its V5 back in the '90s, and to be quite frank, he didn't have a clue about these vehicles, for all his big talk.  Its an AC Acedes, made by AC Cars Ltd. Full Stop. Invacar was a totally differant company & the AC electric company made light bulbs, not invalid carriages!!! Unfortunatly, becuse that totally incorrect description is on the V5, and thus carved in stone to some eyes, I have had the sugestion put to me that it is ME who doesn't know what he is talking about!!!  >:(

True, AC Cars Ltd did produce a 72-volt electric version of the 1957-72 metal-bodied Acedes, but they were always far in the minority of production and the last reported sighting of one was inside Heywood Stores in January 1996. It is belived to have gone the same way as all the others. Certainly no electric version of the fibreglass Acedes was ever built to my knoledge.