Author Topic: Zweirad Union engine in a Peel.  (Read 3287 times)

barchetta

• Chatty
  • ready for a road run summer 2006
Zweirad Union engine in a Peel.
« on: September 17, 2007, 04:12:11 PM »
i have been trawling the net and noticed a write up of the Peel having a 50cc three speed engine from a Zweirad union family moped.
Interestingly my Victoria Vicky 117 (1963 ish) has a three speed Zweirad union engine ,Its a rare moped but would it justify having its engine liberated to power a Peel. ( and as a result of this has its value quadrupled)
Fiat 500L ,Motobecane 40T & 51V ,Victoria Vicky 117,Trojan Mini-motor,, Honda p50 ,PC50 and NF75, BSA Bantam D10,Raleigh Wisp,Raleigh RM4 ,Garelli Katia and Eurika,

P50

• Prolific Poster
Re: Zweirad Union engine in a Peel.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 10:38:34 PM »
Needs to be a 4.2PS 3 speed kickstart motor.  Not pedals. Carb will be 17mm choke. Also fancooled with chrome shroud. Serial number on plate is 8041600****

I doubt you have the 'super' moped that the Peel engines were sourced. Very forward thinking machines. This one would have the option of the 4.2PS.  But you never know...
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

barchetta

• Chatty
  • ready for a road run summer 2006
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 09:19:34 AM »
My moped is safe then ,It has pedals, is not fan cooled so not a lot in common apart from being in the ZU family, Incidentally i obtained an Earlier Victoria moped for spares and no parts are similar ,Once Victoria were swallowed up into the ZU group then I presume it was badge engineering as i have seen a DKW which has many similar parts to mine.
Fiat 500L ,Motobecane 40T & 51V ,Victoria Vicky 117,Trojan Mini-motor,, Honda p50 ,PC50 and NF75, BSA Bantam D10,Raleigh Wisp,Raleigh RM4 ,Garelli Katia and Eurika,

witney44

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 09:50:29 AM »
In the 1960s I was given a Victoria 'Nicky' scooter. I think this had a 49cc engine.It never ran whilst I had it. It must have been a rare beast even then. The body was in aluminium quarter of an inch thick! When the family moved I dug a big hole under a compost heap and buried it.  :'(   I must have been mad! Come to thik of it, that's when I started on the slippery slope with microcars.  ;D