Author Topic: 1951 Invacar Westcliff for sale  (Read 3317 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
1951 Invacar Westcliff for sale
« on: September 18, 2007, 07:30:48 PM »

The vehicle seen above is up for sale for the region of £400, located in Kidlington, Oxfordshire. This is only the second known example of an Invacar Westcliff. I looked over this vehicle back in May 2006 and can confirm that it is solid in all respects. The engine has been removed and apperntly needs work, but what exacly I don't know. All vehicle controls need new cables making up, the seat is just a bare frame but it is a (fairly) easly replaceable Ford Prefect seat. The tyres are original.

As can be seen, it also has the bare frame for the rare weather protection kit (canvas roof & windscreen) that was retro fitted to 500 examples of the Invacar Westcliff between 1952 & 1954. This is the only known Westcliff to still have this frame in place. There is only one other known exisisting example of the weather protection kit (minus vehicle) and I myself own this, which I rescued from a chicken shed a few years ago where it had been since the 1970s. However it still has all the canvas & windows etc. so could serve to either replace the set on the vehicle, or act as a pattern. To the right person, I will offer my complete kit for £30.

If anyone is interested in this Westcliff, please contact me (the I.C.R) in the first instance as it is only for sale due to the death of the man who was in charge of its restoration.  There is a very real threat of this vehicle going for scrap if no one steps forward here....

Stuart Cyphus

tel; 01993 709452

email; invacar@yahoo.co.uk