Author Topic: Peel Trident sighted on Witney High Street!!!!!  (Read 7162 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Peel Trident sighted on Witney High Street!!!!!
« on: September 23, 2007, 01:25:49 PM »
Mum has just came back from shopping and reported that she had seen nothing less than a blue Peel Trident  :o  :o  :o  motoring its way down the High Street heading towards Church Green & bringing the entire town center to a standstill. Yes, Really!!! She didn't manage to spot the number plate so just who was this driving a Peel in Witney High Street at roughly half past twelve on a Sunday afternoon?!  Grant, are you on another World Tour? Steve Hurn, are you hunting that Isetta that was here in 1986? Who? Who? Who?

Pop in & meet the Mini-Comtesse why don't you......
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 01:29:36 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Re: Peel Trident sighted on Witney High Street!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 03:21:44 PM »
Hi Stuart,
possibly Andy or Malcolm! On the other hand they are living far off of you!
Or a ghost??  ;D

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 09:41:46 PM »
"bringing the entire town center to a standstill"

that's why they're most desirable micro.

wonder who it was??

"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 10:49:30 AM »
"bringing the entire town centre to a standstill"  ???
Ah, I think we have here a classic mis-interpretation of Peel reliabilty and Einstein's Theory of relativity.....the Peel was stationary as usual while the town moved past!

Alright, I'll get me coat...!  ( no offence, just could not resist it). Marcus-no-mates!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
Re: Mystery Peel Trident sighted on Witney High Street!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 03:08:58 PM »
Nice one Marcus!   :D That reply cheered me right up after a rotton day at work.  ;D

I've still had no luck in tracing this Trident. The only logical conclusion I can come up with is that Andy Carter has just built one for someone in the local area.  I shall drop him a line shortly and ask.... 

One thing though everyone, if this turns out to be a previusly-unknown genuine Trident, I'm saying here & now that I bags it! After all, my mum saw it first.......
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 03:16:46 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 03:42:16 PM »
Good luck to bag the Trident, Stuart. Finally let us know, if you find out something about this mysterious appearence!
Cant wait to hear, it point out to be a genuine car. Good luck mate.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 08:24:24 PM »
God how stupid I am. Witney. Yes Witney. I keep hearing that name, various micro/i.c. people around there, but why does it always sound so familiar? Saturday night. I open a bottle of one of my top favourite beers, Hobgoblin, from Wychwood Brewery....in Witney! I was sure I knew that name well!
Perhaps Stuart's Mum (Hello Stuart's Mum) had been dinking too much Hobgoblin when she saw a P50! No offence.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 03:30:22 PM »
Perhaps Stuart's Mum (Hello Stuart's Mum) had been dinking too much Hobgoblin when she saw a P50! No offence.

oooh, Mum's strictly teetotal except for a dash of Balieys at Christmas.....

Yes indeed, Hobgoblin beer comes from Wychwood brewery which itself is located in Witney. Right next door to my old school in fact, and I used to walk past the place every day. Sounds romatic doesn't it; Wychwood brewery, but I can tell you its anything but! If you were to study the label on your next bottle Marcus, I wonder if it would tell you that the rest of its address is the Crofts industrial estate, which is one of the most grottyest areas in town!!! Or at least it was when I was at school only a few years ago. With a brewery just over the wall, many was the times when a class was interupted to shut all the doors and windows due to the wind changing and wofting all that rather destinctive brewery pong everywhere.

They also used to keep all the full barrels out in the open yard as well, and many was the time when a few of the more "adventurus" boys would climb the wall with a bottle in hand, but woe betide anyone that was cought doing it......

These days Wychwood Brewery is known all over for their delivery vehicles; A bedford TK lorry and a Morris Minor pickup (you paying attention Daniel?) and Hobgoblin is just one of their beer ranges. One of their newer beers is called, would you belive, "The dogs B**lkc's"!!!!!   :-[     

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 08:05:32 PM »
Well, I met Stuart's folks a while back and thought they were nice moderate people, so hence the slightly ironic suggestion that perhaps over-indulgence may have been behind the P50 sighting! However, Stuart, you DO miss the point (which has nothing to do with micros) If any beer tastes as good as Wychwood then I really don't care where it's made!!!!! Dog's ######## ?  Actually I have an old wine bottle which I kept (after the party) whose label reads: The Dog's... etc. My normal ration is one bottle of beer per week on a Friday night, and it has to be the best that money can buy, and there in the pantheon of fantastic beer is Hobgoblin, and Witney should be rightly proud of it! Now. back to micros, er...

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 10:15:32 PM »
No offence infered or intended as to your taste in booze Marcus  :-*, Wychwood have won just about every prize going in the intoxicating stuff awards. I was just pointing out the posible luducrusness of a world-class brewery being found in the midest of a run-down industrial estate. Mind you, my school was to be found there as well, so I'll say no more......

By the way, when everyone goes off to bye-byes tonight, check your bed to see if you're sleeping under Witey's second most famuse export comodity. the good old Witney blanket....

And whats Witney's first most famuse export comodity? Why that's ME of course......     ;D  ::) 

witney44

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 11:03:57 PM »
And I was born there many moons ago. So I was there first!   ;D

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 08:44:55 PM »
Well I were brought up in a paper bag in the middle of t' septic tank! And you tell the kids today and they don't believe it.

witney44

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 10:10:40 PM »
What a load of c**p! :P
Did you have many friends when you were young? Hope you weren't bogged down!  ;D HO HO HO
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 10:17:54 PM by witney44 »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 12:24:29 PM »
No, ther were no "CARP" in there!