Author Topic: scootacars..  (Read 10056 times)

lovelybubbly

• Occasional
scootacars..
« on: September 24, 2007, 02:56:19 AM »
hi all,
just wondered what price range a tidy/restored/roadworthy scootacar sells for these days..guessing they don't come up for sale very often?!!
Ta!

lovelybubbly

• Occasional
Re: scootacars..
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 08:29:38 PM »
any ideas guys :-\????

Dan Rodd

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 09:06:52 PM »
budjet on at least £2000.join the scootacar register.

Dan Rodd

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 10:40:58 PM »
really?i cant see them being worth that,certainly in the scootacar reg mags i have they are no where near that.

witney44

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 11:03:10 PM »
What is up with people? These prices are ludicrous!  :o ::) ;D

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 11:16:35 PM »
1, none for sale. 2, when they do loads have people have been waiting because they 'want' one.

I want an MGB Roadster. I buy an MGB Roadster.

I want a Scootacar.   I want a Scootacar. 12months later I still want a Scootacar.  2yrs later I want a bloody Scootacar.

Eeezz  zimple. Supply and demand.  

With regard to prices Scootacars are NOT Treinkels or Isettas. The latter were built in their tens of thousands.  800 Mk1's. Lions share scrapped 30 - 40 years ago. Perhaps 100 left?  You can have a Treinkel or Isetta within a month or two. They're no longer pennies for a decent thing. 

But Hunslets finest are in a different league.  Superb shape (especially from behind. Ohh err missus!!)   

To use modern US parlance. "You do the math"

« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 11:19:57 PM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 10:22:11 AM »
I sold an unrestored but tidy mk1 four years ago to another enthusiast for £1700. I think you would proberbly have to double that now. Not so sure about the 10k for a prestine one, is this a case of the owners talking the value of there own cars up?

Dan Rodd

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 10:25:16 AM »
they come up regularly in the scootacar register magazine,and ive never seen one for over £3000.And even if it was it would only have been by £500.

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 11:28:31 AM »
I sold a condition 2 car for £6.5K two years ago.

If a minter goes on Ebay see what happens..
-Benvenuto Cellini

Dan Rodd

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 12:08:50 PM »
good for you,such a shame that microcars are now a rich mans pursuit.one wonders what will happen when you all die off and no one can afford to take them on. ???

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 01:17:58 PM »
good for you,such a shame that microcars are now a rich mans pursuit.one wonders what will happen when you all die off and no one can afford to take them on. ???

I think Micros are cheap. They are cheap. Have you seen the price of other classic machinary?  Lotus 7's?  Lotus Cortinas? Mini Cooper S's?

So houses double in 7 years. Stocks do the same.

And a Mk1 Scootacar that is rarer than all the above is £75.   

Seen the price of Tigers? When things get global then prices adjust... 

Blame the interweb
-Benvenuto Cellini

witney44

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 03:01:32 PM »
Blame the pinheads with too much money and not much between the ears!  ;D

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 05:12:42 PM »
Agricultural indeed. 

N.B.   If the engine ever decides to grenade in a northern fashion then I suggest that you might want to have fathered chidren before the ensuing explosion and physical carnage...     
-Benvenuto Cellini

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Stuff The Money!!
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 05:53:37 PM »
Is that why Scootacar drivers generally have high pitched voices?  :-[  ;D  :-* 

On a serius note, can I make a plea for everyone to leave the money all these cars are making out of the scribbling please? Money is irrelivant as far as I'm concerned in ANY subject or thing we do for fun. True, a lot of micros fetch a lot of money these days but then EVERYTHING under the sun costs money in one way or another, more so that you would think a lot of the time. I would love a Scootacar (or Bamby, or another invalid carriage, or anything at any time....) but just about every micro (for example) has ALWAYS been just that fraction out of my price range. But instad of moaning about it, I actully find it faintly amusing. But then I fully understand that I'm existing in the period of time where these things ARE worth money. If I existed in the 1970s I probily would have stuffed a collection in the back garden to rival Tony & Malcom at their peak. But I'm not, so I haven't. But I'm not moaning about it....

Take Scootacars. A few years ago when I first looked at one, they commanded about £1,000 or so. At that time I couldn't QUITE afford one. Now, I have a litte more money, but the Scootacar is now worth a little more..... I still can't QUITE afford one.  I predict prices will rise that bit more again following the atention on the National, just when a tad more money is coming to me. Therefore I probibly once again can't QUITE afford a Scootacar. I find it funny, I really do.... (excuse me a moment everyone please whilst I bawl my eyes out.)

Besides, my majour enjoyment of microcars or any other vehicle comes from standing ten yerds away and staring at the thing! So can we treat these forum topics as such and actully look at the cars sat before us (dig that rear end eh P50....  :-*) rather than at the money which paid for the things. I REALLY DON'T CARE WHAT SORT OF MONEY THESE CARS ARE MAKING, or who's got that money, becuse they are not going to come round here & give it to me!!!!  If, however folk still insist on talking about money rather than the cars, may I recomend the Finachal Times website forum......
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 06:03:06 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

witney44

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 06:08:38 PM »
WELL DONE STUART. I TOTALLY AGREE.  :-*